Hair gel and shedding

AussieExperiment

Established Member
Reaction score
Why is it that I lose most of my hair when I add gel to my hair. I lose like 30+ hairs in the morning when I add gel to my hair (I lose about 20 in the shower in the morning and 20 at night). It is crazy. It is not like I am pulling at my hair or anything. In fact, one time I tried pulling at my hair before I added gel as a test and no hairs came out. Then I gently added gel and like 30 hairs came out. Why the hell does this happen.

Sir Guy of Frizzbourne

Established Member
Reaction score
Is your hair curly? If so, it collects most of the hair you shed throughout the day. When you run your fingers through it, you are more likely to get some loose hairs to come out as opposed to someone with straight hair, especially when your hands have something like gel to collect and hold all that hair. Do you wash your hair every day? Do notice this less or more on days when you wash it? Is your hair long or short? I'm not trying to count out the idea that this gel could be causing you to loose more hair. I just wouldn't know how to tell you for sure if that was the case.

AussieExperiment

Established Member
Reaction score
Why dump saw palmetto

ShedMaster said:
I would dump the saw palmetto pronto!

ShedMaster why do you reckon I should dump saw palmetto? Could it be one of the following:

1. because you are one of those people who do not believe in taking natural supplements,

2. or did you shed while on saw palmetto and make the purely coincidental link between the two?

3. have some other reason?

I am very interested in understanding your reasoning.

AussieExperiment

Established Member
Reaction score
Jm0311 another quality post

Jm0311 said:
why do these dumbasses take saw palmetto?

Jm0311 another quality post I see. What would this forum do without you!

Sorry if that comment was a little harsh but your post was equally pointless.

I am taking saw palmetto because I am on a 12 month detox. I am not taking it for my hairloss. If it offers my hair any benefit than that is just a bonus.

I am not a dumbasses, I understand the processes around hairloss and have shared some valuable research with people on this website. I have had some good success treating hairloss. Take a look at MY Story. Just because I am shedding does not mean I am failing. I am still well above baseline. Unfortunately I just happen to go through phases of shedding and regrowth. Not as stable as I would like.

If you think saw palmetto is bad for me or could be causing my shedding than that is fine. But please explain why so that I can fix the problem if necessary. Posting a message calling me a dumbass and offering no advice is absolutley crap.