Hair Greed

G

Hair greed! - Hair greed is a killer, so be aware of it and its ability to creep up on you!! We all want more hair - Hair is like money you always want more! Everyone I meet with I tell them straight out that regardless of the size session you have its inevitable you will WANT more - You will not necessarily need it but you will WANT it - Nature of the hairy beast

Its important that guys and girls realise that hair transplant's are a commitment LONG TERM and you must realise that you will always want to refine your hair and wish it were thicker/fuller/denser etc.. - This is the nature of hair - No one just gets one hair transplant (Unless very small requirements initially) hair transplant's are not a quick fix - you need to consider the long term commitment and the FACT you will want more. Many clinics will tell you it can all be done in one session - that is straight out BS, so be aware! Be aware that your goals will in time change as well which contribute greatly yo hair greed. You initially only want a conservative session and once its grown in you wish you'd had more and you will want more - Hair greed!If i had a £ for every time a patient had said - " I only intend to have the 1 session and that will be me done" - i would be rolling in it

The more you have the more you will want especially once you have seen the results of good work initially (Doctor dependant). I personally needed to have more work due to unsatisfactory results initially - (i still want more though even now) -Many guys now have the use of these forums to find a top Doctor straight off the bat - which in turn allows you plan more effectively long term and facilitate "Hair greed" much better - Donor management!

The vast majority embark out with every intention to just have one session as only want a conservative change to their appearance but once the effects of hair transplant no.1 come in - They want more!!!!! Hair greed - it gets us all so be aware and think/plan long term

Regards
Spex

metalheaddude

Reaction score
spex said:
No one just gets one hair transplant (Unless very small requirements initially) hair transplant's are not a quick fix - you need to consider the long term commitment and the FACT you will want more.

The vast majority embark out with every intention to just have one session as only want a conservative change to their appearance but once the effects of hair transplant no.1 come in - They want more!!!!! Hair greed - it gets us all so be aware and think/plan long term

Great post Spex. But Im confused by some points you make. Are you only refering to guys that will go on to have advanced levels of hairloss?

Case in point:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=43504

Now this guy does not strike me as someone who will require more than one hair transplant. Maybe when he is about 60, but I doubt he will even care then (I know I won't). To me, it appears this guy has gone out and done the very opposite to what you warn against above and thats getting a quick fix . Do you think its likely he will require another hair transplant in the near future? It seems doubtful based on the strength of hair in the after pic.

Has Dr feller restored many other hairlines like this? Im very interested in this because my hair is not unlike his.

G

That patient actually does want more so yes my "hair greed" theory effects everyone! Trust me!
The goal posts move all the time - If you are married you know what i mean :whistle:

dd11856

Established Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I already can't wait for the results of my first session to come in so I can start planning for number two!

metalheaddude

Reaction score
spex said:
That patient actually does want more so yes my "hair greed" theory effects everyone! Trust me!
The goal posts move all the time - If you are married you know what i mean :whistle:

How can this guy want more hair?? He has a full head of hair now after his transplant, thats ridiculous :shakehead:

What does he want now, his hairline lowered even more like a 12 year old boy?

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
No he wants the best he can get, which for him is pretty damn good, It's easy for some of us to criticise his decision, but most of us are at a point or in a situation where what he has now would be better then we could ever get, Hence our discontent. It all depends on where your standing on the hairloss chart. If I currently had an nw5 Id be more then happy with my current nw2.

As for not caring when your 60 mate, I get the feeling everyone says that.Hell I've said it, You may not care as much but I'd venture to say you'd still care.

Hairloss greed is for sure real, but I don't think everyone gets burned by it. It's hard to be happy with what you have, when we as a race are so bent on having what someone else has. Your walking down the street and you see someone with a full head of great hair, and you might have "decent" hair, But you want that perfect hair.

I for one wouldn't be happy till I could have a full head of headbanging hair, which will never happen. By the time technology catches up I'll be too old to headbang :( Baldness is the metal fans kryptonite.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Eureka said:
By the time technology catches up I'll be too old to headbang :( Baldness is the metal fans kryptonite.

Lol I love the kryptonite line, I will have to use that one!

Dont feel bad Eureka you can still rock out without hair, it just doesnt look quite as good :punk:

G

Spex, I run into this all of the time. The fact is that an extremely high percent of men will need more than one procedure simply due to the nature of male pattern baldness. Our hairloss is a lifelong event and progressive.

Here I am at 53 and sustained 6900 grafts so far in four procedures. Do I want more? OF COURSE! But, the donor that I do have left, I want to save for any needed touchups. My crown is still a bit thin, but that's life. You are giving good advice in planning over a "lifetime".

BTW, how is you scar since you had the FUE added which was awhile ago now...

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm sure that is the case in many cases. I think it depends on the person and what they have or don't have.

In my case, Id take almost anything. Any improvement in my hair is better than having none.

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
gillenator said:
The fact is that an extremely high percent of men will need more than one procedure simply due to the nature of male pattern baldness. Our hairloss is a lifelong event and progressive.

I just hope my hair transplant combined with meds will last me at least 5 years until I need another one. I'd hate to think I went through the whole process only to chase the hairloss or have the meds stop working. I have to admit though the thought of having another hair transplant makes me a bit furious given the fact that you think you've won the fight only to realize it's going to suck again one day.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
PersonGuy said:
gillenator said:
The fact is that an extremely high percent of men will need more than one procedure simply due to the nature of male pattern baldness. Our hairloss is a lifelong event and progressive.

I just hope my hair transplant combined with meds will last me at least 5 years until I need another one. I'd hate to think I went through the whole process only to chase the hairloss or have the meds stop working. I have to admit though the thought of having another hair transplant makes me a bit furious given the fact that you think you've won the fight only to realize it's going to suck again one day.

Also remember it takes a good year for a hair transplant to even get your hair ot grow in and start looking normal again. Thats a whole year out of your life also. But it would be worth it if i could get a a full 5 years out having great hair before i needed another.