Hair is becoming thinner after 1 month of Avodart Use

kadir657

Reaction score
Hello my name is Kadir and i'm 21 years old. I'm balding since 3 years now and i'm a diffuse thinner all over. I am using minoxidil for the past 8 months now and I've decided to add Avodart to my routine, so I am poppin those pills a month now. I am taking these pills 1x per 2 days, because the long half-life of it which is 2 weeks or something like that. My hair was fine till that time but now 1 month later my hair is became thinner and everyone can look through my hair and see my scalp. Further I am using the micro needle in combination with minoxidil, and revita shampoo. I just want to know if this is a shedding or not because I'm getting more and more desperate. This is my routine: - Minoxidil Kirkland Liquid (Once a day), - Avodart 0,5 mg (1x per 2 days), - Micro Needle 1,5 mm (Once a week), - Revita Shampoo (3x a week) I am asking someone who has experience and could give me some advice. I REALLY WOULD APPRECIATE

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah I tried it for one year but it didn't do a thing...

but you said that your hair was fine before starting Avodart. so maybe finasteride worked?

kadir657

Reaction score
but you said that your hair was fine before starting Avodart. so maybe finasteride worked?

I stopped finasteride after a year of use, then I took a 5 month break, in this period I only used minoxidil, then I hopped onto Avodart.