Hair Line and Temple Angle Design: Armani Vs Hasson

hawk001

Reaction score
Hair Line and Temple Angle Design: Armani Vs Hasson :punk:

How does one decide whether to go for a “MATURE LOOKâ€￾ hair line or to further lower the hair line for a younger look?

As per Dr. Hasson, “Many times, patients ask us to close in their temples and/or lower their hairline in a manner that has the end result resembling what they may have had as a teenager or something that was still present in their early twenties. The problem with this is that straight hairlines with filled and/or closed temples and low hairlines is something seen on juvenile males and females of all ages.â€￾

“As one ages this continues to be increasingly unnatural as you continue to age. We prefer to rebuild hairlines that are suitable for adult males. This can be done in a fashion that leaves the patient with a strong hairline that will be suitable as they age. Temporal recession is normal for adult males and we believe that mature adult oriented hairlines do not denote an appearance of hair loss but rather compliment the patient’s facial structure when performed correctly.â€￾

Dr. Armani, “Alvi Armani uses the basic principles of hair line design defined by the famous Italian artist and inventor Leonardo Da Vinci. The hair line in most individuals starts at 1/2 the distance above the eyebrows, from the distance between the eyebrows and the chin.

“Temple angles provide the connection from the hair line to the sides of the head producing a "frame" around the face. Traditionally hair transplant clinics have not closed the temple angles. This is due to the technical difficulty in angling the hair correctly as the temple hair connects with the sides of the head. Also because of the time it takes to implant this region of the head. At Alvi Armani we consider the temple angles to be one of the most important parts of the hair transplant regardless of technical difficulty, time and cost. When our patients are faced by their families, friends colleagues they are looked at their faces. The hair lines and the closed temple angles frame the faces that make them unique.

Armani is known for the playing a lot with the hair line and gives a younger look to the patent. Ofcourse, this requires more grafts and the Doctor makes more money too.

But then if the donor area is depleted, then the patient cannot fix the future hair loss.

WOT SAY? :freaked2:

hawk001

Reaction score
MATURE LOOK EXAMPLE

Attachments

• mature_look.jpg
    mature_look.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 4,533

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
depends case to case, patient to patient. Armani is way more aggressive on a hairline, H&W is more concerned with overall density, not to downplay there hairline results, just my view by comparison Doctor to Doctor. Both clinic are expensive dollar for dollar, and to fill in crowns during a megasession isn't a deal breaker one way or the other. (what's 600 grafts to fill in temples when your in the chair at 3000 grafts anyway, not worth the trouble to go back to fill temples in, just tack on an extra 4k and be done with it if its a deal breaker

Reaction score
The guy in the 'Closed Temples' picture is Bollywood Star 'Salman Khan'.

Now, its officially a Hair Transplant because his lawyers once told a Court that their client cannot attend the 'hearing' because he had hair implants and was resting.

Now, What I wonder is if he had so much donor hair to bring about this look.

Is it artificial fibre or excellent work by some hair transplant surgeon who put donor grafts to optimal use ? Any guesses ?

Is it possible to use one person's donor grafts in another person's skull ?

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
Its his hair, the body would reject either option of your last 2 ?'s

metalheaddude

Reaction score
hawk001 said:
Hair Line and Temple Angle Design: Armani Vs Hasson :punk:

How does one decide whether to go for a “MATURE LOOKâ€￾ hair line or to further lower the hair line for a younger look?

As per Dr. Hasson, “Many times, patients ask us to close in their temples and/or lower their hairline in a manner that has the end result resembling what they may have had as a teenager or something that was still present in their early twenties. The problem with this is that straight hairlines with filled and/or closed temples and low hairlines is something seen on juvenile males and females of all ages.â€￾

“As one ages this continues to be increasingly unnatural as you continue to age. We prefer to rebuild hairlines that are suitable for adult males. This can be done in a fashion that leaves the patient with a strong hairline that will be suitable as they age. Temporal recession is normal for adult males and we believe that mature adult oriented hairlines do not denote an appearance of hair loss but rather compliment the patient’s facial structure when performed correctly.â€￾

Dr. Armani, “Alvi Armani uses the basic principles of hair line design defined by the famous Italian artist and inventor Leonardo Da Vinci. The hair line in most individuals starts at 1/2 the distance above the eyebrows, from the distance between the eyebrows and the chin.

“Temple angles provide the connection from the hair line to the sides of the head producing a "frame" around the face. Traditionally hair transplant clinics have not closed the temple angles. This is due to the technical difficulty in angling the hair correctly as the temple hair connects with the sides of the head. Also because of the time it takes to implant this region of the head. At Alvi Armani we consider the temple angles to be one of the most important parts of the hair transplant regardless of technical difficulty, time and cost. When our patients are faced by their families, friends colleagues they are looked at their faces. The hair lines and the closed temple angles frame the faces that make them unique.

Armani is known for the playing a lot with the hair line and gives a younger look to the patent. Ofcourse, this requires more grafts and the Doctor makes more money too.

But then if the donor area is depleted, then the patient cannot fix the future hair loss.

WOT SAY? :freaked2:

To put it simply, Dr Hasson is better for older gents with more extreme hairloss. Most of those guys dont want a young hairline they just want HAIR period. Or at least something on their head as a basic cover so a mature hairline is like a dream to them. Most Armani patients ive seen have very minor hairloss (like young guys who are models etc) and will never really bald beyond a NW3 or 4. Most of the people he chooses (at least the ones displayed on the website) seem to be cookie cutter and hand picked to take a good photo ie: thick donor and good hair characteristics with minor hairloss. He then gives them GREAT low youthful hairlines which is EXACTLY what they want. There is nothing wrong with what Armani is doing but FUE is not a great choice for someone with extreme hairloss. Guys with extreme hairloss are not being realistic if they want a low youthful hairline. But guys who are like 30 with minor temple recession and thick donor supplies and a good family history are good candidates for Armani and get fantastic results.

Hair transplants is a cosmetic procedure. I have no problem with a guy with minor hairloss getting it to improve his look, especially if its critical to his career because he is an actor or a model etc. Its doesnt always have to be about people with severe genetic hairloss who are looking to just look normal again.

hawk001

Reaction score
I am Norwood 4. Age 33. Armani recommended 5000 and Hasson 2000. My donor supply is quite good. Hasson recommends to keep some donor hair for future hair losss, which seems logical. If 5000 grafts are taken, what about future hair loss? The only thing that scares me is the GOD DAMN scar and hence the delayed decision. Armani asking for USD 50,000. I Hasson did 5000, he would charge close to USD 20,000.

s.a.f

Reaction score
For a Norwood 4 I'd have thought H&W would recommend about 3/4000. Maybe your donor density is'nt good? With Armani you'd be screwed if you lost more hair.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
hawk001 said:
I am Norwood 4. Age 33. Armani recommended 5000 and Hasson 2000. My donor supply is quite good. Hasson recommends to keep some donor hair for future hair losss, which seems logical. If 5000 grafts are taken, what about future hair loss? The only thing that scares me is the GOD DAMN scar and hence the delayed decision. Armani asking for USD 50,000. I Hasson did 5000, he would charge close to USD 20,000.

Damn! Thats ridiculous. Armani is such a rip off. Yes he gets good consistany results but his prices are so much higher than everyone else its practically immoral.

Then again he markets himself as the ferrari of hairtransplants. The others are just fords or toyotas.

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
hawk001 said:
You are correct in worrying about future hair loss. Getting 5000 grafts in the hairline will mean repeat hair transplants in future (5000 or more grafts) if you turn a Norwood 6. Dont go down that road unless you are sure you are commited enough to go for future touch ups.
All said and done, temple angle closed is way better than the mature look, in my opinion.

khali

Established Member
Reaction score
That pic of Salman Khan's hair is not a result from a pure hair transplant. I believe he added some type of extensions in it. Here is how Salman really look with his hair transplant.

salman-khan-250407.jpg

56_amrita_0503_430xx.jpg

And this is what you see in Bollywood movies.

salman-khan1.jpg

s.a.f

Reaction score
He probably just wears a hairpeice for movies.