Hair looking thin, feeling down.......

dd11856

Established Member
Reaction score
Fellas, my hair really looks bad right now. For some reason it really looks very thin for the last week or so. I have not had any dramatic fall-out since my transplant in January. I have a few hairs fall-out at times, but not much and rarely notice.

I am planning on having a surgery with Dr. Cooley in Charlotte, NC early next season to add density to my crown as this is the thinnest area. It is not slick yet, but when the light is on that area, it looks a little reflective. I am also going to add a bit more density to my hairline. I will probably do about 2500 grafts and split them up between the two areas with all of the twos and threes going into the crown.

I just feel really bad right now. The only way my hair looks good is to trim it short, but if I do that, the pink shows through from my donor scar. If I grow my hair past 1/2" very much it just looks thin and unmanageable. I felt better about myself and went more often without a hat when I just "skinned" my head before surgery.

:(

Petchsky

Reaction score
I hear Dr Cooley has done some good work...are you on propecia at all?

dd11856

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes. I take twice a week. I find that the side-effects do not bother me at that dosage and Dr. Cooley advised that this dosage woukld work. Also, I use Nizoral and minoxidil.

Haven't had second surgery yet, but I want to this year.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Cool, so what days do you take propecia? what's your pill popping schedule?

Petchsky

Reaction score
Has your transplant by Kohler not grown in any more? how much of it regrew percentage wise?

And your donor scar is still red? that should of faded by now...

dd11856

Established Member
Reaction score
The scar is not red, but is still pinkish. I think this is due to my skin color. I am very fair-skinned with dark brown/almost black hair, so the contrast in that thin line really shows up. At 1/4" inch hair is covering it, but the scar shows through. Over slightly 1/2" inch it is difficult to detect unless under very bright light.