Hair loss as a baby

Mjotter

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at old photographs of me as a baby and I noticed that I had a receding hairline (funny how you don't notice these things until you experience it). I did a little bit of research on the internet and I read that many babies lose their hair due to hormonal changes in their body but it quickly grows back after a few months or years.

I'm probably going to get bashed for this but it's good to view hair loss at different perspectives. Also, shouldn't we spend time researching the activity that goes on in newborn babies to gain more information on hormonal imbalance? If I was able to grow back from a receding hairline before, then I can do it again.

Chris87

Established Member
Reaction score
isnt it possible that, in your baby pictures, your temples just hadnt grown in yet..therefor they looked "receded" when really they had never grown in the first time to begin with

Mjotter

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe but I'm looking at the photos from where I look like a month or two old and I had a straight hairline, then I look at other photos where I look a couple months older to a couple years and I have the receded hairline.
Plus I've read articles online that state it's possible for babies to be born with a normal set of hair and then lose it in a couple months afterwards due to hormones, which eventually will grow back. Either way this tells me that it's possible for hair to grow back even if others claim that "once it's gone, it's gone forever".

CCS

Reaction score
Look at more baby pictures if you can. See if some babies have dense, low hairlines and if some others look NW5. Maybe hair loss can be predicted from baby pictures.