Hair loss at crown only

waplman

Reaction score
Hi there and thanks in advance for looking.
I first noticed that I was shedding alot back in April but didn't think I was balding, back then I would say i was loosing around 500 hairs a day as it was an extreme shed.
Then around june/july the shedding slowed down and i was lose around 100 to 200 a day
I saw a trichologist back in may and he said that the pattern in which the hair was shedding was not male pattern baldness, so i was relieved at the time, however my hair has still been shedding alot.
This week I went to see my dr who I had to pester to look at my hair and he said that I have the balding on the crown and that it is male pattern baldness.
My hair line has remained the same and has not changed, just the density of my hair and the crown.
I have added photos of my crown before it has been washed and after it has been washed.

Could anyone please advise me on what I should do and if indeed this is male pattern baldness.
Many thanks again for all your time and help

Attachments

• SANY0684.jpg
    SANY0684.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 1,381
  • SANY0694.jpg
    SANY0694.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 1,305

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes that is certainly male pattern baldness. And I would expect your hairline to be affected soon. Might as well just copy and paste this from the other thread:

you start finasteride, somewhere between .5mg and 1.25mg daily this will more than likely stop your hairloss long term. Order it online at alldaychemist.com or from a doctor. Get the generics it is cheaper.

You can start minoxidil 5% liquid once or twice daily along with the finasteride. This will regrow a lot of the hair if you respond well to it while finasteride maintains what you still have long term. If you are satisfied with just maintaining though I really wouldn't bother with this. But if you want max regrowth possible you probably want to take both.

You can also start nizoral 1% or 2% shampoo but this is the least important one. It has minor DHT fighting properties but will also help increase the efficacy of the other two medications.

The three of these together are known as the big 3. finasteride is by far the most important.

baldyben

Reaction score
I'm facing the same problem as well, crown starting to get thinner. I started fins a month ago and minoxidil a couple weeks ago.
I still see no significant changes but I shed a lot, which make me looks like a DPA now.
And honestly this really freak me out at the first place but I'm trying to cope with it and use concealer to hide all the bald spot.

My advice is start the big 3 regime and cope with the shedding phase.

Let's hope we can see some results after a few months. cheers :)

templerecess

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm facing receding at temples, and some thinning at the very front. However my crown is thick as ****. I don't get it.