Hair loss due to chemical damage

Francesca1990

Reaction score
Hey everyone, hope you're all well, i am new here and just looking for help/advise.

I have naturally brown curly hair and for about 5 yrs i have been dying it black twice a month, using different brands of hair dyes each time... the last time i dyed it, i felt a major burning sensation on my scalp, if this happens, you are to rince asap, i was stupid at the time and left it on, after that my scalp was itching like mad... about a month after i was finding course bits of hair .... kind of looked like pubic hair, sorry thats all I can compare it too, it was very rough and would have a massive bulb at the end of the hair strand, i got addicted to pulling these bad bits of hair out, leaving hardly any hair on my head which is why I am here now, its like an addiction i feel if its dead hair that cant grow I don't want it on my head.... i am using microfibers to fill in bald spots but I feel i have lost my identity and it has really upset me, i regret doing this to my hair so much, I have tried shampoos to boost hair growth, doesn't work, I eat good food, i take biotin and multi vits but i dont see any change really... i was thinking about getting regain for women but its pricey and i dont want to get it and find out it doesn't work. The only thing i can think of that I don't do is drink enough water...

does any one have any ideas of what tablets I can take, I have tried cod liver oil ones too but didn't see much change even after months of taking them... or is there any way the doctor can prescribe me with something?

Thank you all in advance for your help x

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I really do think you should see a doctor!!!!!