Hair Loss Help Needed Please / My Story .

thomas610

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

I thought i'd share my personal story/worries which I have recently experienced.

I am 19 with a really thick head of hair especially around the crown, recently I have noticed that my hairline around my temples is not as forward as other people around my age. I looked around and found the Norwood Scale of which I would estimate I am between 1-2.

I don't notice any miniaturisation or thinning of my hair around the temples but i'm really worried that I might be receding at a young age. I have also read that my hairline could possibly be maturing which is not related to baldness and is relatively common at my age... could this be a possibility?

I have attached some photos of my hair which I hope give a clear indication of my situation.

If anyone could please let me know If i am indeed receding and if so how to proceed or what I can do to get on top of things I would really really appreciate it.

I must mention that my father is bald but my maternal grandfather (91) and my maternal uncle (60) have full heads of hair.

Thanks

Tom

hair 1.jpg
hair 2.jpg

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair looks good from those but we'd need a picture of your hair pulled back, revealing your hairline and temples.

thomas610

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will try and send those over now

Thanks

Please note I have quite a big forehead and quite a long face so my hairline isn't ridiculously high I just have a big head! I hope the pictures are clear enough

Attachments

• hair 33.JPG
    hair 33.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 230
  • hair 44.jpg
    hair 44.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 235

thomas610

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is another shot of my temple pulled as far back as possible

Attachments

• IMG_4369.JPG
    IMG_4369.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 234

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's still kind of hard to tell, but I you might be receding, I'd simply keep an eye on it for the moment. Take more pics every few months and compare. If it gets any worse I'd definitely consider treatment.