Hair loss questions with pictures.

s3lynx

Reaction score
Hello everyone i am new to this site and in desperate need of help. i am 21 years old and i have been experiencing thinning of my hair and loss of hair at the temple area (my left one especially). i have included pictures. I have been doing research and i see that propecia and rogaine are the 2 best solutions besides hair transplants. If anyone could just give me their opinion on the matter and recommend where to get these drugs online because i do not have insurance and do not have a doctor. thank you very much

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g294/ ... hoto15.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g294/ ... hoto13.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g294/ ... hoto12.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g294/ ... hoto10.jpg

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
hey

well firstly i have to say your hair looks good still so youve caught it very early,good move :)

i dunno if youll want to get on the rogaine (minoxidil) just yet because the propecia would maintain what you have which looks to be a lot!

there are two online pharmacies used by the majority of people here

http://www.unitedpharmacies.com (seems to be down a the moment)

and http://www.inhousepharmacy.com

propecia is finasteride 1mg which is 1 tablet a day

if you look for proscar however (finasteride 5 mg) youll see its much much cheaper,all you have to do is split it into 1/5ths to get the correct dose of finasteride which is 1mg a day (i personally just quarter it and take 1.25mg a day)

also you should use nizoral 2% shampoo 2-3 times a week,its part of the 'big three'

if you are going to use minoxidil get rogaine 5% foam,its very easy to use

if money is a real concern you can get even cheaper finasteride by opting for a proscar generic,the most popular being Fincar (i use this and have noticed no difference between using this for 15 months and proscar for 12)

either way,your hair looks good and you dont need to worry :) good luck

i should add,the 'big three' are what the vast majority of people who set out to fight hairloss use,propecia,nizoral and minoxidil

s3lynx

Reaction score
thank you so much! This Is a huge help.you have answered all my questions. Where would I get nizoral from and should I see a doctor before i do this.if so wat kind of doctor? Thanks again

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
hey

im not sure where ya from but you say you have no insurance so i'll assume america

http://www.unitedpharmacies.com/custome ... t=0&page=1

its an anti dandruff shampoo but it has anti dht properties,which is the stuff that eats your hair.Nizoral will keep your scalp healthly too.

its kinda expensive but you only need to use it about once every three days so a bottle should last you a while

when you use it rub it in and leave it for 5 minutes until you rinse it out :)

ps.there is no real difference between the 1% and the 2% but most people use the 2%

no real need to see a doctor either :)

s3lynx

Reaction score
I just really want to let you know how much i appreciate your help. I know u see a million of these a day and its so easy to just ignore them. I have been looking for help and you are the only person who has actually helped me. I really appreciate this dude thanks alot

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hey man, yeah, looks like you caught your hair loss just in time. the big three (propecia, rogaine, and nizoral) should do you good... Dont get discouraged if for the first few months it looks like you have no improvement or things look like they have gotten thinner, its normal. You should be able to maintain at the very least with the big three but since your still young id expect to see at least some improvements as well. the sites that libertine suggested are legit to get propecia..If money isnt an issue though you could try to get it prescribed by a Doctor. If money is an issue, you could order proscar online at one of those two sites and cut it into quarters so itl be equal to about 1.25 mg of finasteride. Its a lot cheaper.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
s3lynx said:
I just really want to let you know how much i appreciate your help. I know u see a million of these a day and its so easy to just ignore them. I have been looking for help and you are the only person who has actually helped me. I really appreciate this dude thanks alot

no worries man,im very certain the only reason i was the only one who answered is cos i saw it first and ive told you exactly what every other forum member would of told you! There are many posters here who can help you out and if you ever think you want to add to your regimen or change it or anything related then dont think twice about asking,youll get lots of answers!

hopefully youll be posting in the success stories forum next :) good luck

metalheaddude

Reaction score
I agree. Do everything Libetine says and your hair will look 10 millions times better in a year.

I think your hairloss is suffient to warrant both Rogaine Foam and Propecia use at the same time. Get on the Propecia first for 6 months minimum before starting Rogaine foam for the hairline. Introducing both meds at the same time can shock the hair to much and many people suffer sheds from which they never recover. Its just my opinion take it or leave it. But in a perfect world I would let Propecia run a full year first, then if your not happy apply the foam. It just depends how desperate you're to get your hair back.

S

s13silk

I actually got a hair transplant done recently, in conjunction with using propecia and minoxidil (which i also just started recently). I'm only 22, noticed hairloss ages ago, should've gotten onto it a little earlier, but I'm hoping to see some good results in a couple of months. I didnt know about the nizoral though so that will be great to try out.

With the hair transplant, they take hair from the back of the head, thats resistant to the balding process, and micrograft it (i believe thats the term they used) onto the front. They didn't bring the hairline down as much as i thought (and hoped) they would have but with a bit of length it should look good. Although the hair on the front part should be permanent, the hair behind it will continue balding, hence the minoxidil etc. Thats also why they didn't bring it down too far, in case i didn't continue with propecia etc, or that it didn't work for me. My head swelled up for four days, was a bit painful during that time as well (not too bad though). Theres also a pretty decent scar around the back of my head from ear to ear, but my hair is starting to hide that pretty well now. Let me tell you, the surgery isn't cheap. I got it done in Perth, Australia. excluding flights and accommodation it cost me a bit over $13K (Aussie dollars, I'm an Aussie after all).

RaginDemon

Reaction score
are the pics you posted post-operation?

metalheaddude

Reaction score
lol there names are rather similar. Coincidence?

S

s13silk

metalheaddude said:
lol there names are rather similar. Coincidence?

I dont think the names are similar, other than starting with an s and having a 3 in it which may have given you that impression

RaginDemon

Reaction score
haha i just didnt read it carefully...the names are not that similar.