hair loss t/ments are like fashion accessories

Red Rose

Experienced Member
Reaction score
They keep coming in and out of vogue.

Only very recently Revivogen was the the best thing since sliced bread and now the backlash has begun. If you look back at the last 6-12 months no one really had a bad word to say about the product and now there seems to be a gathering consensus at this site and HLH that its not so great after all.

Same with Proxiphen. That product has been in the wilderness for ages and now for some reason its become popular again. Look at the search facility at HLH it was mentioned only 16 times in the whole of 2004. In the last 6 weeks of 2005 it has been brought up 9 times. The trend is the same over at this site. Why all of a sudden is Proxiphen gathering momentum?

This made me wonder whether we are all a really fickle lot (or easily susceptible) when it comes to treatments. My feeling is that if a few people really plug a product the masses follow and vice versa.

Of course there could be nothing to extrapolate from this at all and I'm just really a bit bored and felt like starting a new topic!!

G

Red Rose said:
They keep coming in and out of vogue.

Only very recently Revivogen was the the best thing since sliced bread and now the backlash has begun. If you look back at the last 6-12 months no one really had a bad word to say about the product and now there seems to be a gathering consensus at this site and HLH that its not so great after all.

Same with Proxiphen. That product has been in the wilderness for ages and now for some reason its become popular again. Look at the search facility at HLH it was mentioned only 16 times in the whole of 2004. In the last 6 weeks of 2005 it has been brought up 9 times. The trend is the same over at this site. Why all of a sudden is Proxiphen gathering momentum?

This made me wonder whether we are all a really fickle lot (or easily susceptible) when it comes to treatments. My feeling is that if a few people really plug a product the masses follow and vice versa.

Of course there could be nothing to extrapolate from this at all and I'm just really a bit bored and felt like starting a new topic!!

I think it´s the power of HairLossTalk.com on this site. His claim and the fact that he is well in touch with Hairloss makes for a strong argument to buy Revivogen also it´s backed by Bryan who´s no idiot and I must emphasize that I´m not being ironic.

I have nothing against revivogen since they base their shite on a solid theory but it bugs the hell out of me that they are making millions and not spending any on testing the damn thing. Either they did test it and found that it did had a very marginal effect or they don´t feel we deserve a proper test because they know of our desperation.

Proxiphen I haven´t really noticed until recently. What Dr P says goes with what I belive - you need to stop inflammation and if his product contains SODs and they have some anti-inflammatory agent and it also carries minoxidil then why the hell not?

As for topicals I say go the anti-inflammatory route.
As for internals I say stay the hell away from dutasteride and go finasteride.
As for everything else - no pumping iron, much cardio, scalp massage.

Peace!

Just to be on the safe side - I do acknowledge minoxidil to be a potent regrowth agent.

Red Rose

Experienced Member
Reaction score
nesta said:
As for topicals I say go the anti-inflammatory route.
As for internals I say stay the hell away from dutasteride and go finasteride.
As for everything else - no pumping iron, much cardio, scalp massage.

Agreed! Although whats wrong with pumping iron?

G

its said that it can increase test>increasing dht> increasing hairloss
There are people on this site that attest to it hurting hair loss, and some who say it has no effect (Cassin, who says he lifts 5X a week says he has maintained his hair count the whole time)
Try it and tell me

Cassin

Reaction score
Red Rose said:
bartman654 said:
Cassin, who says he lifts 5X a week

Man, 5 times a week. I find my body can't recover if I lift more than 3 times a week.

I said that? If I did it was a mistake on my part. If I did type that, I meant to type I try to workout 5 times a week. I lift 2 or 3 times a week, and try to do one or two days of cardio a week.