Hair loss?

chrismurray

Reaction score
I am now 21 and have had the same hairline as long as I could remember, but have always wondered if this means I will go bald, my brother also has a very similar hairline and has not lost any yet (he is 31).

Attachments

• 9fe22c6e70de414d8b29fdc85c3e8bfc_A.jpg
    9fe22c6e70de414d8b29fdc85c3e8bfc_A.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,554
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 1,068

doublebatman

Established Member
Reaction score
I am now 21 and have had the same hairline as long as I could remember

You go back to photos of when you are 15/16 I would almost guarantee that your hairline was completely different. That is not a hairline that you're born with, it has likely developed over the past 3 or 4 years...

You've got some pretty hefty recession and it will likely increase. What's your crown like? The good news is that there is medication to help retain your current hair, and its very effective

Rudolphus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, that is quite an advanced hairline you've got. The U-shaped outline of your temples strongly suggests that you have some recession going on. I suggest you make an appointment with a dermatologist to check for miniaturization. If it turns out that you do have male pattern baldness, the good news is that it can be treated by using finasteride, as the above poster mentioned.

shookwun

Reaction score
NW3.

Temple points are starting to diffuse, and miniaturize.

male pattern baldness.

Next the forelock will start to thin out, and develop a zig zag line through the middle, followed by thinning around the vertex.

get on finasteride

nyjrb

Established Member
Reaction score
NW3.

Temple points are starting to diffuse, and miniaturize.

male pattern baldness.

Next the forelock will start to thin out, and develop a zig zag line through the middle, followed by thinning around the vertex.

get on finasteride

My forelock has that zig zag line, why does that happen?

shookwun

Reaction score
My forelock has that zig zag line, why does that happen?

Yeah that's usually what happens when you develop into a NW3.

Next the vertex will start to thin.

Dunno bro, it's male pattern baldness