hair mchair's Story

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
So I've been off of Propecia for 14 months now. Still having major problems with sexual dysfunction.

I'm currently seeing Dr. Eugene Shippen. He has treated over 20 men with finasteride-induced sexual dysfunction, some of who have recovered and some of who have not. He has me on HCG and an aromatase inhibitor, but I have yet to notice any difference. I was on clomiphene before that.

Shippen is of the opinion that those who have long-term/permanent sexual side effects from finasteride have a genetic predisposition to it. He is planning on writing up a report and submitting it to the FDA.

That's about it for now.

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude, I've been there. It took me 18 months until things went back to "normal", but it still wasn't like it was before the propecia. I am better now, but I don't know if I'm perfect.

Just give it time. I doubt it is anything permanent.

G

Re: hair mchair update

hair mchair said:
So I've been off of Propecia for 14 months now. Still having major problems with sexual dysfunction.

I'm currently seeing Dr. Eugene Shippen. He has treated over 20 men with finasteride-induced sexual dysfunction, some of who have recovered and some of who have not. He has me on HCG and an aromatase inhibitor, but I have yet to notice any difference. I was on clomiphene before that.

Shippen is of the opinion that those who have long-term/permanent sexual side effects from finasteride have a genetic predisposition to it. He is planning on writing up a report and submitting it to the FDA.

That's about it for now.

Have you tried Arginine? I am using 2 GMS at bedtime on an empty stomach with great effect. If you are interested in how and why, PM me.

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm 23. Started taking Propecia when I was 21.

Bruce, yes I've tried Arginine. Didn't really do anything for me.

Doctor Shippen told me that some of his patients who never recovered were unable to produce adequate amounts of DHT. He believes that Propecia switched off a gene or something like that, perhaps one that controls the conversion of testosterone to DHT. I have high DHT (at least I do when on clomiphene and HCG) so he is hopeful for my recovery. I hope he's right.

G

hair mchair said:
I'm 23. Started taking Propecia when I was 21.

Bruce, yes I've tried Arginine. Didn't really do anything for me.

Doctor Shippen told me that some of his patients who never recovered were unable to produce adequate amounts of DHT. He believes that Propecia switched off a gene or something like that, perhaps one that controls the conversion of testosterone to DHT. I have high DHT (at least I do when on clomiphene and HCG) so he is hopeful for my recovery. I hope he's right.

I would suggest taking arginine at night just before sleep. Take 2 GMs on an empty stomach. The aim is to see if you can get your noturnal erections back. If that fails, try a small dose of v**** (.25MG) at bedtime.

Once you can get some nightime wood, the daytime will follow.

If you go to Pub Med and search on nocturnal erection and v****, you will find an interesting study on this use of v****.

Good luck

majkellos

Reaction score
Hi.

Give me the contact to Dr.Shippen please. I would like to arrange an appointment with that doctor no matter where his clinic is...

I have remaining sides from Dutasteride 2,5 years after quiting treatment!!!

Thanks for your help on advance.

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score
hair mchair said:

My Goodness. 14 months havent recovered?

Man this news made me think twice about propecia I'm taking...

majkellos

Reaction score
My hair look exactly the same as they looked on dutasteride 0,5 mg/daily. I had a huge regrowth and this regrowth remained till today. The problem is that it's been 2,5 years from the time I swallowed the last pill of dutasteride...

I think this theory about 5 alfa reductase genes being altered or destroyed might be correct. Especialy due to my hair condition and all the bed sides which did not desepear till today.

If anybody had a contact to doctor Shippen I would be extremely pleased to be informed.

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on propecia for about 7 months and this side effect:weak erection, has come and go off a few times. But NEVER have I go to the extent of experiencing ED.

How many are there experiencing this?

G**DAMMIT!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
k3nn7i said:
I've been on propecia for about 7 months and this side effect:weak erection, has come and go off a few times. But NEVER have I go to the extent of experiencing ED.

How many are there experiencing this?

G**DAMMIT!

I have the same experiences.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The gene/DNA destruction is very difficult to reverse. The only hope you can have is to excite the prostaglandin E-1, NO and oxytocin for the 5-alpha reductase gene/DNA repair. Please beware that it may take about 3-6 months to excite the NOergic and Oxytocinergic nervous system in your brain, liver and testicles/penis after the liver is detoxified. Don't expect any miracles from our products when your 5-alpha reductase gene/DNA is destroyed! Our products can work up to 90% efficiency/effectiveness for the Finasteride destruction cases according to our statistics. You must be aware that there is about 10% chance our products won't work if the 5-alpha reductase gene/DNA in your testicles is destroyed by Finasteride! This mean the damage of 5-alpha reductase gene and DHT receptors is too extensive for rejuvenation and repair, respectively, among the 10% of the Finasteride victims. We offer you a hope to revive your liver and pituitary-testicular function and penile erection, but we cannot guarantee your sex life at all. You are responsible for the consequence of taking this most destructive 5-alpha reductase inbibitor drug. If you have a weak erection, the formula mentioned above can help you. If you have become impotent by Finasteride for sometimes, please have a serum DHT test and if your serum DHT level is below 30 ng/dl, please don't order our products.

I was doing some personal research and coincidentally fell upon this information which reminded me of this thread.

http://www.actionlove.com/extra/hailoss.htm

majkellos

Reaction score
I think this site is a scam, but informative anyway.

I do not think that Finasteride or Dutasteride can triger off/destroy/damage/alter GENETICS because I doubt it could be available to the public. I think FDA would not approve it and Merck/Glaxo would become bankrupt. If it is truth they already should be considered bunkrupt. I believe in the near future we will be able to check 5 alfa reductase Genes in a regular clinic (SRAR1, SRAR2) and if there would be any damage each person would probably get 1 BILLION US DOLARS or maybe more. We talk about GENETIC DAMAGE!!!!

I think that the body of OLDER MAN taking Dutasteride 0,5 mg is even more sensitive and exposed to genetic changes or damage. Additionaly Glaxo within their trial part III they had a few cases when subjects DHT have only returned in 1/4 (only 25% of the pretreatment baseline returned). They are studing what happened but I doubt these are the genetic changes because If there were... would FDA let the product to be in sale....

I was in contact with Glaxo 2 years ago, and they did not know what caused these changes. Maybe after many other tests of those subjects, they might have an answer by now...

RaginDemon

Reaction score
majkellos said:
I think this site is a scam, but informative anyway.

I do not think that Finasteride or Dutasteride can triger off/destroy/damage/alter GENETICS because I doubt it could be available to the public. I think FDA would not approve it and Merck/Glaxo would become bankrupt. If it is truth they already should be considered bunkrupt. I believe in the near future we will be able to check 5 alfa reductase Genes in a regular clinic (SRAR1, SRAR2) and if there would be any damage each person would probably get 1 BILLION US DOLARS or maybe more. We talk about GENETIC DAMAGE!!!!

I think that the body of OLDER MAN taking Dutasteride 0,5 mg is even more sensitive and exposed to genetic changes or damage. Additionaly Glaxo within their trial part III they had a few cases when subjects DHT have only returned in 1/4 (only 25% of the pretreatment baseline returned). They are studing what happened but I doubt these are the genetic changes because If there were... would FDA let the product to be in sale....

I was in contact with Glaxo 2 years ago, and they did not know what caused these changes. Maybe after many other tests of those subjects, they might have an answer by now...

I agree with you, I don't believe finasteride or dutasteride will change your genetic codes or they would not have been allowed in the market.

They certainly have undesirable sexual sides and some people experience a lot of them, and some don't experience any, but no way they will damage your DNA or make genetic changes of your body. We are not that advanced yet.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Maybe in rare cases it can...just cause FDA let it out on the market doesn't mean there isn't a chance. There are thousands of people who died from FDA approved products.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
so how many of you actually quit finasteride for ages and are still having sides?

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
Haven't checked in on hairlosstalk in ages, but here's my update:

- Discontinued Propecia in November 2002.

- Still sexually dysfunctional from my use of Propecia.

- Other side effects from Propecia (cognitive problems, fatigue) remain

- hair loss not significantly worse

It's amazing how little hair I've lost considering how young I started balding. It's almost as though I've been castrated. Hair loss is progressing very, very, very slowly. The down side is that I have the sexual functioning of an unhealthy 90-year-old man, and I'm tired most of the time.

Ah well. Such is life.