Hair pull question

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
For sometime now, I have a habbit of playing with my hair. For some reason I see less hair when I always play with my hair. It's not the spot where I or anyone losses hair. It's right about the right ear. I'm thinging that I'm pulling the hair hair there. My question is that spot where I been pulling will grow back or did I damage it?

viperfish

Reaction score
Stop pulling on your hair!!!!!! This is a bad habit just like counting your hairs! I used to always pull my hair and count hairs to see if there was any improvement. This is bad, very bad. It will drive you freakin carazy

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yea, I know it's a real back habit. I don't know why I do it. I am trying my best to stop it because it's really stupid. I just hope I will stop and it will grow back.

silkeysmooth

Established Member
Reaction score
it will grow back, look up something called traction alopecia; its essentially what youre doing, but for it to not grow back, it has to have been extreme stress on the hair for years. Unless your hand is constantly pull on your hair, you should be fine.

But you need to break the habit.

mr happy

Reaction score
The Hair Pulling Method
Long before our present rules for wrestling were incorporated
in some European countries a different form of wrestling was
practised. This method involved the combatants firmly
grabbing a hand full of their opponent’s hair and with their free
hand applying a more conservative wrestling grip.
The wrestling bout continued with each wrestler holding firmly
to the grip of hair until their opponent was pulled into the air
or dragged off balance and outside of the ring area mostly by
power of the hairgrip applied. It was said that the wrestlers
participating regularly in this activity mostly all enjoyed a
luscious full head of hair throughout their lifetime.
Further to this many years ago it was reported that this practice
of hair wrestling was commonplace amongst Russian seamen.
It was noted that a full head of strong healthy hair was a
common denominator among the participants regardless of age
group.
Having said this it is not my suggestion that you go out and
challenge someone daily to a hair-wrestling match.
( taken from hairloss no more )
your free to pull your head all you want

asolof

Established Member
Reaction score
This is called trichotillomania. Usually the hair grows back. It is possible that if the problem lasts long enough there can be scarring of the follicles and permanent hairloss.

silkeysmooth

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah asolof that was the term i was thinking, traction alopecia is a bit different. trichotillomania is a habit that is formed, usually to relieve stress.

Traction alopecia is actually worse, since youre putting constant stress on your hair, such as in Eastern countries where very tight braids are worn.

But, youre pretty young arent you actionpack? i think that you should be fine.

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think the hair pulling contest was more of a natural selection thing rather than a cure thing. I mean, if you were going bald I doubt you would be a very good canditate in the hair wrestling event.

Dont pull your hair out!

mr happy

Reaction score
good point,but apparently according to the book its supposed to help keep your hair although i wont be applying it to my self.It could work.....or the book could be shite,who knows