Hair Regrowth Great On Castor Oil, But Need Help...

Tim Doe

Reaction score
So, In early 2013 I started noticing hair loss, but in a diffuse pattern, all over top of head, and front, temples, basically everywhere but the sides of my head.

Started Propecia Late July 2013: Did not help with the Regrowth of Diffuse Hairloss, although did seem to stop Hairloss to a certain degree so I stayed with it until Febuarary 2014. I stopped because I noticed my hair falling out at a increased rate, and heard about reflex hyperandrogenicity.

Started minoxidil on Temples March 2014 to September 2015: initially for the first 8 months helped then all I noticed was increased shedding so I stopped with no taper.

September 2015 to December 2015: I was so scared to go bald, I was thinking of suicide, but wanted to give RU, topical finasteride, or Castor Oil a try, as all I was using at the time was folligen shampoo, mainly to just get rid of the inflammation feeling.

Late December 2014 to Now: I started with Castor Oil at night, using about a bottle a month(I know that's a lot) pouring it slowly from the bottle on my head, then massaging my scalp, and washing it off in the morning. The first month I didn't notice much besides my head feeling fresh and not inflamed in the morning. Late Janurary I noticed I stopped shedding and could see small vellus hairs all over. By March my hair looked thicker and noticeable in the mirror. April is when I really saw a big difference, my hair was growing consistently faster and filled in a lot. This month I am already almost pre 2013, but do have a few problems.

Found that castor oil is a 5ar inhibitor of both type 1 and 2, and EP3 activator for PGE2
Compostion of Castor oil: http://www.ukm.my/jsm/pdf_files/SM-PDF-39-5-2010/10 Jumat.pdf
5AR Inhibition by Fatty Acids: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1637346

For some reason my right temple is not filling in like the left one, I haven't seen much growth in it, does that mean that the follicles are dead? Should I try RU on that temple?

What should be my next step?

Last edited:

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
If castor oil is a 5alpha inhibitor, why doesn't it give the same sides as finasteride?

From the sound of it, your entire regimen right now is topical castor oil. You cannot use finasteride due to fear of side effects, and minoxidil doesn't work for you. It's great to know that somebody is having success with castor oil alone. Are you noticing hair growth on the rest of your body?

I'm in the same boat as you, in that I cannot risk finasteride. The way I see it, people like us need to hold on until 2017, as there are two legitimate prospects that year: Brotzu's formulation and histogen, so just throw **** against the wall and hope something sticks until 2017, when there are two potential cures available. After that there are no legitimate prospects until 2020+, so we might as just go bald and have an hair transplant made up of hairs from the horseshoe.

These are some things you could try:

- Oral castor oil;
- black market RU58851, lots of people here advocate on behalf of Kane, and side effects are dose-dependent so you can lower the dose if you get sides and they go away;
- black market CB0301;
- Spironolactone cream;
- Stemoxydine;
- Pumpkin seed oil;
- Microdosing finasteride, e.g. 0.02/0.03 mg/day.
- Nizoral shampoo;
- Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Oil shampoo and conditioner;
- Scalp massages / cold therapy;

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Any before and after pics?