Hair regrowth treatment darkening my hair?

mrblond

Reaction score
I started my current regimen in late March 2004 after undergoing severe thinning on the front and top of my head. I am 34 years old. As far as regrowth goes I am very satisfied with the results. My hair has thickened enormously, my scalp is no longer visible anywhere and other people have been quite simply amazed by my regrowth.

There appears to be one significant side effect though. My hair was previously a shiny near white natural blond. Now I see a lot of very dark hairs and my overall hair color is changing to a drab silvery grey. Other people have been commenting on it.

Is this a common side effect of hair regrowth treatments? Will my hair return to its natural color with continued use? Or should I reduce or discontinue any of my treatments?

Any advice is very welcome. I hate to be faced with the choice of keeping my hair color or keeping my hair.

Bismarck

Reaction score
Any advice is very welcome. I hate to be faced with the choice of keeping my hair color or keeping my hair.

Changing the haircolor is easier than fighting male pattern balding. I would not stop the treatment! Ask your hair stylist for a hair coloring (which does not affect the male pattern baldness) and you keep your hairs with the color you want.

BISMARCK

G

same here!!

Me too!!!!,

my girlfriend (who cuts my hair every 2 weeks) pointed out to me that she was finding new jet black hairs appearing, my hair colour is kinda blonde/mousey mix, she pulled one out to show me, and after I swore at her for pulling a hair out, I checked it out and it realy was jet black!

Ty

Pall

Established Member
Reaction score
mrblond said:
I started my current regimen in late March 2004 after undergoing severe thinning on the front and top of my head. I am 34 years old. As far as regrowth goes I am very satisfied with the results. My hair has thickened enormously, my scalp is no longer visible anywhere and other people have been quite simply amazed by my regrowth.

There appears to be one significant side effect though. My hair was previously a shiny near white natural blond. Now I see a lot of very dark hairs and my overall hair color is changing to a drab silvery grey. Other people have been commenting on it.

Is this a common side effect of hair regrowth treatments? Will my hair return to its natural color with continued use? Or should I reduce or discontinue any of my treatments?

Mr Blonde i need your help
Can you please give me the name of the Treatment that caused your hair dark? Because i want my dark hair back !

G

click on his "view my regime" button!!!

for my I was definatey the minoxidil, as I have tried Propecia by it's self for a year with no darkening of the hair. I was at a meal with my whole family about 3 months ago and my little brother, who I rarley see, said "I tought your hair used to be blonde!" that along with my girlfriends comments were completely without any promting from me.

Ty