hair regrowth?

jmoney32

Reaction score
are there any other product like nizoral out there that helps regrow hair? i like the convenience of just washing your hair to stimulate growth. what else is there besides nizoral?

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Minoxidil. Probably copper peptides (Folligen and Tricomin -- I say probably because there is decent but not conclusive evidence.) Possibly Revivogen. Finasteride also generated regrowth in somewhat over half the test subjects, so the claim that it's merely for maintenance isn't entirely true, at least not for everyone. Possibly dutasteride, which seems to be more effective than finasteride but is not FDA approved for hairloss.

Now, if you mean are there any shampoos other than Nizoral, the answer is no. Henna claims to combat DHT, but there is no proof. It does contain coal tar, however, so it can be used to soothe scalp irritation, and if it in fact helps to regrow hair, great, but don't count on it. Dercose claims to regrow hair, but again, there is little proof. I like the way it makes my hair look, however.

jmoney32

Reaction score
thanks, and yeah i was looking for a shampoo that regrows hair. maybe i will try minoxidil for a little bit and see if i wont mind applying it 2 times daily

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
unfortunately there isn't really a shampoo that "regrows hair" only ones that help the boost the effectiveness of other hairloss treatments. unfortunately male pattern baldness is a problem that is a little more deep seated than just the condition of your hair and a clean scalp.

if you want to try a really great shampoo that i use, i don't think anyone else in here does, but semodex, i think you can buy it at a drug store anywhere. its cheap and it has worked really well to keep my scalp clean and nice.

misterium

Reaction score
Nizoral has mild anti-androgen properties.

So it could be said, that Nizoral can help create a healthy environment for possible regrowth of hair.

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Wasn't there a study that showed Nizoral regrew hair similar to that of minoxidil 2%? Not bad for just using a poo 2-3 x per week.

incognito

Reaction score
Very doubtful a shampoo would help with regrowth. That being said nizoral is the best option, but I don't think it has helped anybody when used alone. Its just not in your scalp long enough.