Hair stopped falling, where do i shed?

FaLLiNG

Reaction score
..after 4 months of finastride and minoxidil, my hair is no longer falling like before, just a couple of hairs in the comb, and i think thats normal right? but when do i start shedding? and when does it grow back again? :)

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
losing hair everyday is very natural

when those hairs fall out a new hair is growing back in its place

you may never experience a "shed" which is losing more than 100 hairs a day for a period of time

since your on an anti-androgen and growth stimulant your doing the right thing

so the few hairs you do lose are being replaced by hopefully a better/stronger hair

4 months is still early in treatment so be patient with your results

evaluate in a years time

cheers mate

FaLLiNG

Reaction score
..i dont get it! isnt it supposed to stop then stay like this for a wile then start the shedding, after that it begins to regrow again?

..another stupid question, do i stop taking finastride or what?

eth0

Established Member
Reaction score
FaLLiNG said:

No, never. Not unless you want to restart the process or miniturasation and therefore baldness

FaLLiNG

Reaction score
eth0 said:
FaLLiNG said:

No, never. Not unless you want to restart the process or miniturasation and therefore baldness

..but what about the side effects? am i gonna take finastride for the rest of my life? =0

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
dude your hopeless

finasteride is a lifelong commitment
by stopping the use of it
the hair you gain/maintain while on it will continue to miniaturize and eventually vanish

the same goes with minoxidil
by stopping the use of it
the hair you gain/maintain from it will continue to miniaturize and eventually vanish

so your all in
or a bust when it comes to hair loss treatments

cheers mate

Jokerman

Established Member
Reaction score
FaLLiNG said:
..i dont get it! isnt it supposed to stop then stay like this for a wile then start the shedding, after that it begins to regrow again?

LOL. You're considering stopping finasteride because you're not shedding?

What?!

Not everyone sheds. I've had some regrowth on finasteride after eight months and I never had a shed. Personally, I would rather have that happen than have to deal with a shed before regowth.

But to each their own, I guess. :shock: