Hair stopped shedding on spironolactone 2% liquid

Dblbass128

Established Member
Reaction score
Seems to be working much better than the cream....maybe because my hair is thinning diffusely. I try to use it once a day at least 5 nights a week.

That with Nizoral and foam once a day plus tricomin here or there and my hair has stopped shedding almost completely.

Looks better too and its been about 2 months.

I hope its the spironolactone---I did make a switch off the foam to the liquid then back a few months ago but it seems better than before the switch.

I figured Id share that with the rest of you

-dblbass

rcom440

Reaction score
Dblbass128 said:
Seems to be working much better than the cream....maybe because my hair is thinning diffusely. I try to use it once a day at least 5 nights a week.

That with Nizoral and foam once a day plus tricomin here or there and my hair has stopped shedding almost completely.

I hope its the spironolactone---I did make a switch off the foam to the liquid then back a few months ago but it seems better than before the switch.

-dblbass

Thanks for the info! So you dont use cream anymore? Which spironolactone cream were you using?
I'm considering adding spironolactone liquid at night. Cream in the morning and liquid+cream at night.

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I get a harsh irritation when using the lee liquid. Doesn't happen with the cream.

rcom440

Reaction score
Shma said:
Unfortunately I get a harsh irritation when using the lee liquid. Doesn't happen with the cream.

Cream is way easier on the skin than liquid.

Nuli

Established Member
Reaction score
I used the liquid, it smelled really bad when mixed with minoxidil. Cream is fine.

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
rcom440 said:
Shma said:

Cream is way easier on the skin than liquid.

Yeah, and it's easy to apply on short hair, but if the hairs are longer than 3 cm or so... it's a big hassle and you'll finish the can much faster.

Dblbass128

Established Member
Reaction score
rcom440 said:
Dblbass128 said:

-dblbass

Thanks for the info! So you dont use cream anymore? Which spironolactone cream were you using?
I'm considering adding spironolactone liquid at night. Cream in the morning and liquid+cream at night.

It was Dr Lees cream I didnt notice any benefit at all but I was switching off foam so that could of screwed it up but honestly since about 2 months ago starting the 2% liquid it def thickened up and it doesnt shed

I used to run my fingers threw my hair and pull and a bunch of hair would be on my hand but now I get like one

Ill def keep everyone updated though

Dblbass128

Established Member
Reaction score
Shma said:

yeh I try to only go over the same spot once or twice with the dobbler (spelling?) but I noticed if I go a lot I get irritation prob from the ppg

My hair is long and still kind of thick so the cream was a pain in the ***

Dblbass128

Established Member
Reaction score
MODS

Why was this moved

In the title when I mention shedding I meant losing hair due to male pattern baldness not so much a side effect of meds (which is what I think this section is for)

I think it should stay in the anti androgens forum for people wanting to hear how the 2 % spironolactone can help them stop going bald

Does that make sense?

just my 2cents

Obsidian

Reaction score
That's good to hear, no sides and you apply to dry hair?

Dblbass128

Established Member
Reaction score
Obsidian said:
That's good to hear, no sides and you apply to dry hair?

nothing just a little bit of itchy scalp from the ppg if I use a little too much during an application but I use Jasons Aloe and some jajaba oil or some sh*t and it helps with the nizoral