Hair styling suggestion: use pomade

helpmefindmyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
I used gel for years to style my hair.

Ever since I noticed my hair loss about 6 weeks ago I've been using American Crew pomade. It doesn't make your hair loss nearly as noticeable as gel.

It's expensive but the good thing is that you only need a little bit to style your hair. In fact, I caution you to use only a little bit. It's a mistake to use a lot of this to style your hair because it's completely unnecessary.

wheyface33

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree, I've been using pomade for a while. I actually recently switched to a clay type styling aid...its like 20 bucks for a small plastic jar thing...but its worth it...really good stuff.

Remember, style the f*** out of what hair you have left!#!#! Fuckin mother nature...bah.

helpmefindmyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
I actually recently switched to a clay type styling aid

What's it called?

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Im tellling you guys use styling paste(which is kinda pomade)

if you dont use to much of it,it doesnt make your hair look greasy,weighed down,or sticking.
Plus it holds as good as gel does.
Thats my styling product of choice.

Quote the Blue nevermore

wheyface33

Established Member
Reaction score
helpmefindmyhair said:
I actually recently switched to a clay type styling aid

What's it called?

Its made by Xtah, called Crude Clay...its like a silvery green colored plastic tin thing with an octagonal top...you can get it at most salons and stuff. Doesn't give you the gel or pomade look, hair looks dry, and it holds really well...flexible too. Also a very small amount of heavy wax (I use d:fi heavy wax) also does the same thing.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
bad thing about wax though is if you use to much it makes your hair look so greasy that your hairloss is shown like a museum exhibit.

wheyface33

Established Member
Reaction score
Yah I know, so I stress you stick to a small amount of a heavier wax so you get good hold without the clumpiness and 'hair loss right here' billboards.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
VICCI,

I use Loreal Remix Paste.......im telling you its good for my hairtype at least, i dont know if it would work for you but i would give it a try, its better (in my opinion) then any wax,gel, or hairspray on the market today.