Hair thinning after 40…anyone else?

af1232

Reaction score
Hello forum members,

New member here! I thought I would post here as I tried to search the forum for those who have experienced thinning hair after hitting their 40s. I have had normal hair until just recently.

I am speculating my hair thinning started in the past year or so and have just been noticeable the past few months. At first I thought it was attributed to stress and Ambien (sleeping aid) side effects. However I am lead to believe this is more genetic as I was able to see my brother whom I hadn't seen in a few years this past Christmas and noticed his hair thinning like mine.

A brief family male hair history…..

Paternal: Grandfather bald, father had male pattern baldness, uncles have male pattern baldness
Maternal: Grandfather full head of hair, older uncle 60s normal with some thinning (?), youngest uncle late 50s full head of hair until last decade and almost bald

I started on Rogaine about a month ago but not seeing results. It appears if I mistakenly miss a twice a day dose that hair comes out easily in the shower.

So fellow members, what would be the go to strategy? I have the following questions:

1.Would Propecia would work better for me?
2.Would a combo strategy of Rogaine/Propecia be better?
3. As a person thinning relatively later in life, are outcomes for success necessarily better compared to those who experienced hair loss earlier in life?

Thanks in advance!

shookwun

Reaction score
Jump right onto finasteride.

Min by itself will do little if anything at all.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes to the first two and no or maybe to the last one, younger people typically respond better but if most of your hairloss is recent you could see regrowth that is significant, if you are lucky

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Happen to anybody else, yeah probably 50% of men after 40.