Hair Thinning on the Sides

marshallintown

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Before I begin, I know this is probably has been posted a million times. But I thought I would create ab another thread for personal peace of mind. So I do apologise in advance!

So, recently I have noticed that my hair is thinning on the sides but perfectly fine on the crown and back (pictures attached). I have no idea what has brought this on! and whether it is treatable ?

I checked whether this was male pattern baldness but mine doesn't seem to conform to the normal pattern. I recently started using Nutrasome Hair Serum not sure if this can be caused by that as well.

I am a bit puzzled and would appreciate any help on this matter.

Thanks.

-Marshall

sheraz1392

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Marshall,

I also have a similar kind of hair loss on the sides and nape and I'm too unable to figure out the cause of it.

marshallintown

Reaction score
Hi Marshall,

I also have a similar kind of hair loss on the sides and nape and I'm too unable to figure out the cause of it.

Hi Sheraz,

Good to know i'm not the only one with this problem!

If you don't mind me asking, how long have you had it for ? has it worsened since you started noticing it ?

The problem with me is that I have only noticed it very very recently and add to that I have always had thin hair. So this kind of makes it tricky to know what my base line hair actually is.

-Marshall

sheraz1392

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They are thinning gradually for the past 5 years and my condition much worse than yours. I also have the male pattern baldness, heading towards a higher Norwood :(

marshallintown

Reaction score
They are thinning gradually for the past 5 years and my condition much worse than yours. I also have the male pattern baldness, heading towards a higher Norwood :(

Sorry to hear that dude. Are you on medication for treating it ?

I know i'm probably being a bit silly posting my case. But i'm fairly new to all this which is why I thought if it is something that needs attention, better now than never.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Do you experience seb. dermatitis or any other scalp disorders? Its a bit of rare, but this condition, if left untreated can potentially cause/accelerate hair loss. I'm only guessing. Try to get it properly diagnosed asap and put the anxiety behind you. Once you get it diagnosed youll be better equipped to make clearer decisions Best Wishes!

marshallintown

Reaction score
Do you experience seb. dermatitis or any other scalp disorders? Its a bit of rare, but this condition, if left untreated can potentially cause/accelerate hair loss. I'm only guessing. Try to get it properly diagnosed asap and put the anxiety behind you. Once you get it diagnosed youll be better equipped to make clearer decisions Best Wishes!

HI Walker,

Thanks for the info mate. I don't have any existing scalp condition. Would you happen to have any guess as to what this condition might be at all ?