Hair Thinning

jr27

Reaction score
Right now I am currently 19 and already worrying about my hair loss. I have a way older cousin on my moms side that went bald at 21. I have an older brother thats 21 and hes pretty much bald and i also have a little brother thats only 17 and the recedding hair line is already showing. Now I must say that i got the luckier of the genes because i still have hair covering all of my head but im SHEDDING. When im in the shower and use shampoo and look at my hands i see like 10 hairs. When i get out of the shower and towel dry my head over my sink, forget about it, i see like 25 hairs sometimes. Everytime i run my hand through my head with my fingers closed i see 1-5 pieces of hair. Im currently not on any medication for it but im really considerring it now. When ever i ask some one im close to about it, they tell me im fine. I sometimes feel they dont want to admit im thinning to be nice. Ill eventually get some pictures up here so you guys can see. I was born with a slight widows peak so i dont really feel like im developing a recedding hair line and i currently cant see a bald spot but i have a strong feeling that if i ignore it, my hair loss will just become more and more apparent. My mom wants my older brother to start propecia and rogaine because hes already bald. I asked about getting on propecia and she thought i was crazy because i still have allot of hair, but then agian, i might start it now just so ill maintain it. any advice is greatly appreciated.

FreeloaderUK

Established Member
Reaction score
well there's no point taking propecia unless u are actually thinning.

can you see your scalp at all? coz that is a sure sign of thinning- thats when i first noticed i was losing my hair- not the amount of hairs in the sink but the fact that i could see the scalp on my head in an area where a couple of months earlier i had a thick wall of hair.