Hair Tranplant Questions

George7

Reaction score
Hello, I am currently considering a hair transplant. I have decided I will only have FUE and since I live in Europe I am looking towards Belgium and Turkey. I have asked for an initial quotation from two of the top IAHRS doctors, but feel a bit confused. My hairline is uneven and not as strong as I would like it to be. So basically I want a straighter hairline and need to reinforce it somewhat. The quotations I was given differed a lot regarding the number of grafts. One doctor said I would need 800-1400 while another said 3200. Apparently I am a good candidate with good donor, but my father is a norwood 5-6. It should be said that he was that at my age and that I most likely have my maternal grandfather’s hair loss. He had an uneven hairline like myself and some thinning in the crown. He also diffused on top, but only in his late years.

I have attached some photos. I am 29 years old and have been using finasteride for about 1 year. I will wait one year at the very least so I get two full years of finasteride use before having a transplant. I am not using minoxidil.

Anyone that had a hair transplant that could give some useful advices?

Last edited:

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think your hairline has receded so much that you aesthetically need a hair transplant.

3200 grafts sound like too many, however...

Maybe 1500 to restore hairline and leave lots of donor for possible later sessions should the situation deteriorate.