hair transplant and 50% density, explained:

CCS

Reaction score
You can see the difference between 90% and 100%. But if you thin from 100% to 90%, and are not looking at two heads of hair in front of you, you will not notice you've thinned. You will think you were always that way. Other people will just notice you are not as thick as someone else, but will think you are the same you always were. But when you get to 50%, that is when you really know that you are thinning, since you are sure you remember being thicker than that.

When doctors tell you they only need to give you 50% density to look like full density, that simply is not true. The truth is just that if you are thinning, you typically don't notice until you've lost half. Everyone else around you still see that you are thinner than the thick guy over there.

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
And I think that is the biggest reason I'm avoiding a hair transplant. I
ask myself if I can't get to 100% am I going to be happy? So
far the answer is no.

CCS

Reaction score
If I had known this 5 years ago, I would have got a hair piece instead. Smooth bald scalp is great for attaching a piece to. Now that I have grafts at 1/3 density, I'd have to shave daily and keep them from ruining the bond. I don't want to thin my sides and back more to thicken the front, but I think body hair transplants may be a good option for me. Only problem is if they don't give me the density I want, then I'll even have more hair to shave for my hair piece.

I've pretty much accepted I will never have 100% density. My sides are not 100% density. I don't want to shave 70% density to get a full cap. I'd look better, but I think I'll just try to get to 70% density all around and not have a piece. I actually don't look bad at all. I could have KielMck's hair if I got a full cap. I just can't imagine all my hairs not pushing the base off, unless I lasered all the hairs. But that would be a huge risk, making me completely bald and dependent on the cap. So 70%, here I come.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
CCS, by density do you mean how thick your hairs are individually or how many hairs you have in one given area?

s.a.f

Reaction score
How many hairs are in one given area.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I did not know your name was CCS, s.a.f. :) I was actually looking forward to a "CCS" answer that would probably go "off topic" like most of his posts do. :whistle:

CCS

Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
CCS, by density do you mean how thick your hairs are individually or how many hairs you have in one given area?

I mean overall density, which includes number of hairs, hair caliper, etc, for the total thickness of the look at a certain length. Compared to my thickest areas, not compared to other men. My grafts are at most 1/3 the density of my hair behind them. In some places maybe less than 1/4 density. I think 2/3 density would be noticeably thinner, but be thick enough to look good and not like I'm balding.

CCS

Reaction score
If you have a well shaped, low hairline, but are diffuse, women will think you are balding, but will think you have a good looking face to compensate.

If you have a dense NW2, women will think you are not balding, but will think your face does not look too good.

If you have a NW3+, they will think you receded or balding, and will think your face does not look as good.

If you have absolutely no hair roots anywhere, they might imagine the borders of your face and think the face looks better than if you had NW4 hair roots.

If your hair is thin, but even density everywhere even on the sides, they won't think you are balding. They will think the hair is less sexy than KielMck's, but at least they won't think you are getting worse.

If your hair is as sexy as KielMck's, because of a dense full cap, women will want to play with it all the time, and if you don't let them, it would be the same as if a hot women always wanted the lights off when her clothes were off. Only less attractive people would tolerate it.

Because my grafts are so much thinner than the hair behind, women think I'm balding. If my Doctor does not think my calf hair will brink my front close to the thickness of the back, I might do some scalp FUE first to hide the transition a bit. As long as the change is gradual, the won't notice. I must accept the fact that I might not have super sexy hair. As long as my hairline is low and well shaped, they will think my face is hot, and as long as my density is even at least 2/3, they will think I'm not going bald, especially with the low hair line. I'll still get some hands in my hair, just not as much as KielMck. But good enough for me.

s.a.f

Reaction score
CCS said:
If your hair is as sexy as KielMck's, because of a dense full cap, women will want to play with it all the time, and if you don't let them, it would be the same as if a hot women always wanted the lights off when her clothes were off. Only less attractive people would tolerate it.

As long as my hairline is low and well shaped, they will think my face is hot, and as long as my density is even at least 2/3, they will think I'm not going bald, especially with the low hair line. I'll still get some hands in my hair, just not as much as KielMck. But good enough for me.
[attachment=0:1oj46hna]-226-1111954595-ugly_man.jpg[/attachment:1oj46hna]

"Dem chicks love putting their hands in my sexy hair"!

Attachments

• -226-1111954595-ugly_man.jpg
    -226-1111954595-ugly_man.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 174

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Actually, if that kid got braces, his teeth whitened or capped with veneers, a tan, some highlights with longer hair and contacts, he would actually look alot better than average. He just needs a makeover. Everyone has potential to fix things about themselves that would be viewed as "ugly". That is what CCS's life is all about. Making over himself so he could compete with people as hot as Kiel. I think Kiel might just be his role model at this point. However, CCS is right about one thing, if you have looks like Kiel, you do get "the hot girl" to go with it. Kiel's girlfriend is very hot. I have to admit, Kiel is very down to earth and projects a pretty humble personality on here so I think that is really why he has been able to keep that hot girlfriend.

CCS

Reaction score
SAF, that pic you just posted is of a guy with very above average looks. He mostly just needs to fix his teeth and learn how to smile better or not leave his mouth gaping so wide open.

I'd trade places with him. My face is good looking too, but my posture is not as easy to straighten as teeth are.