Hair Transplant At 23. Feel Worse Than Ever (want To Remove It)

rrd91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there,

i've been losing hair since my late teens and tried some hair systems for a while with a doctor/surgeon. Didn't seem to be working so I inquired about a hair transplant. he told me he does it for young people all the time and it looks natural. So I went ahead for an FUE transplant on my hairline.

He mentioned i'd have to come back every few years to get more done as my hair continues to fall out. At the time I was totally fine and disillusioned in thinking that i was ready to fight this battle forever.

I'm 24 now and its been just over a year. The hairline itself doesnt look bad in terms of shape however the actual hairs stick straight out of my head and give it this curly look at the front i never had before. My hairline has receded a little but not bad enough where the transplant is obvious.

I felt great for about 6 months but after doing a lot of heavy thinking (which i was to desperate to do a year ago) I've come to realize fighting this battle with multiple hair transplants, trying different system or even trying Propecia (i'm not here to argue over the % of side effects but its personally i gamble i dont want to make) is something that is just to exhausting and financially draining to do forever.

I've even come to terms with shaving my head as i'd rather fight the battle of being confident with less hair then to fight this losing battle forever. I'm almost excited at the prospect of liberating myself and just going with a short hair/shaved look and not worrying about it anymore but sadly this transplant has ruined any notion of that happening.

I have read into a few options into getting a bad transplant removed and would love to hear some thoughts as i would love nothing more than to rid myself of this mistake.

1. Laser hair removal.
2 Electrolysis. Ive read some success stories of people who have used this two above methods to remove the bad transplants but have also read warnings that it could dilate the colour of your skin (im a white male with brown hair).
3. FUE removal. I know a few clinics due this but read it can cause scarring.
4. Nair/Veet/heavy hair removal cream.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated I just want to get rid of this mess and move on with my life and just be confident with my balding look.

If I could give one piece of advice it would be to think well and hard for at least a year before you ever decide to get a hair transplant!

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Getting a hair transplant without being on finasteride for at least a year is where you fucked up man. The doctor clearly was just out to get your money if he still performed the surgery under those circumstances.

AlexBrown

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your story. It sounds like a painful experience.

Good luck going forward.

rrd91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Getting a hair transplant without being on finasteride for at least a year is where you fucked up man. The doctor clearly was just out to get your money if he still performed the surgery under those circumstances.

That's what I figured and I even backed out at one point but he said everything was already set up and the technicians were already booked and then went into talking me into it again......

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's what I figured and I even backed out at one point but he said everything was already set up and the technicians were already booked and then went into talking me into it again......

Yeah man, I would totally let others on Hair Loss forums know about him and his unethical practices.