hair transplant Clinic recommendation

stoic

Reaction score
I’ve made up my mind about doing a hair transplant I believe it’s the right choice for me in the long term. I’ve spent countless hours searching around for alternatives and solutions, and looked at numerous clinics around the world reading countless reviews.

After six months of consideration ive decided to go ahead with a hair transplant and have narrowed my choices down to either FUE in New York or DHI in Greece for their no touch technique.

I’ve read mixed reviews of DHI most dating back a few years.. given it’s 2008 and im considering undertaking a hair transplant with DHI would like to know from past patients if they would recommend them. From what ive learned from a recent visit their prices seem reasonable, they offer me a 90% re-growth guarantee and either a London or Greece hair transplant option, with the latter being almost a grand cheaper and includes transport/lodging.

However id like to hear what others have to say before taking the plunge next month.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Avoid DHI !!!!!!!!!!! Heard nothing but bad reports from them.

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I live in Greece and my uncle had a procedure at DHI. He had a bald spot a little smaller than 2 inches in diameter and that was his only hair loss at the age of 35. He had 800 grafts. What i can say is that the results were very natural but not perfect meaning the transplanted area is still a bit thin. That is perhaps the best report I have heard from DHI. There is a sense though that they are not to be trusted.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
you should definitely take saf's word for it.

stoic

Reaction score
Thanks for the response especially ‘sphlanx2006’ its hard to find actual dhi customer feedback despite them having global offices you’d expect a lot more floating around (but I guess it could be the private nature of a hair transplant that people don’t go around broadcasting they had it done).

s.a.f and RaginDemon are the bad reports based on friends and family or internet posts i.e. how reliable are they as id like to know more about the exact problem as my major problem is that ive read mix reviews but could never assess the reliability.

s.a.f

Reaction score
stoic said:
Thanks for the response especially ‘sphlanx2006’ its hard to find actual dhi customer feedback despite them having global offices you’d expect a lot more floating around (but I guess it could be the private nature of a hair transplant that people don’t go around broadcasting they had it done).

You could'nt be more wrong on that, of course noone goes around in public telling everyone they meet that they've ha a hair transplant but on these forums you'll find that people who get a good result are only too happy to show it off and will loudly sing the praises the surgeon.
I've only seen a few (about 3) of DHI's customers on the various forums over the years and all of them were unhappy with their results and seeking further hair transplant work.
The main complaint was poor growth. Apparently DHI uses a device they call a 'implanter'and its widely presumed by others that this device causes much trauma to the newly harvested grafts and therefore many of them dont grow. But besides that DHI are in general not a world class outfit in any aspect of surgery. If they were then no guys from the UK would make the extra effort to travel to the U.S or Canada where the worlds best surgeons can be found.
A good peice of advice is never to go to any of these 'chain' or nameless clinics. Go to surgeon who names his business after himself and has his name on the door and only one clinic.

stoic

Reaction score
Thanks ‘s.a.f’ you make a great argument, its much better to go to someone you has the clinic named after him and his reputation at stake than a brand who don’t even mention the doctor whos going to work on me.
Did plenty of searching of my own and found that in general its as you say people avoid DHI due to ‘poor growth’ and more importantly to me they sacrifices too much good donor hair.

http://stophairlossnow.ipbhost.com/lofi ... /t770.html
http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/fo ... qWords=DHI

Conclusion: I will be avoiding DHI and will focus on FUE/FUT doctors in NYC,
though admittedly on first examination they seem far more expensive:
DHI: 2,000 grafts for £5,000
NYC: 1,000 grafts for £5,000

Though the strip method is cheap (I get bad scaring, so im against strip ),
i guess as with everything you get what you pay for.

G

It's called a Choi Implanter and it is not well recieved as technician replacement device.

I don't want to bore you with the details of it, but Dr. Rassman wrote an article detailing the drawbacks of its use.

Anyway, glad that your re-evaluating your options and doing more research.

Take Care,
Jason

bigmac

Reaction score
Hi there i dont post much on here but the advice given regarding DHI is good advice.Avoi :youbet: d them as they are poor.
I am actually on the links you provided,been there,got the hair but had very little growth.

With you being in Greece this clinic in cyprus seems to be doing good work but do plenty of research before deciding and try to meet patients in person.
link is below,i hope it helps

:youbet:

http://www.pb-hair.co.uk/forums/view_to ... forum_id=3