hair transplant for diffuse thinners?

Colin298

Reaction score
Im just worried about how good the Hair Transplant can be expected to be if you are a diffuse thinner?

Obviously when your whole head of hair is thinning out and will continue to get thinner from ages 18-55 (if your hair even lasts that long) you cant replace your complete hair, replacing only part of is seems a short term solution. think about it, say it you fill in your recission line and then it thins/recedes further. what are you left with? a gap, not to mention the 'new' hair is thicker than the other hair.

im a diffuse thinner and will do all in my reasonable power to keep my best look, but im worried about the usefulness of a hair transplant for a person like me. right not im about NW2.5 but have thinned on top also and think it will keep thinning/receding to eventual baldness...

please help

JayBear

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know the answer to this absolutely but my impression is that hair transplant is not really a viable option for diffuse thinners. I am a diffuse thinner and the idea of transplanting hair all over my head to cover my extremely large thinning area simply doesn't make sense. I don't know if HM holds any hope for us, but i do think that drugs are our best bet. I also seem to recall someone at some point bringing up as an objection to diffuse loss hair transplant remedy the fact that hair transplant can cause hair in the area to actually fall out faster (something known as 'shock loss') which would be devastating for us. Someone who knows what they are talking about, please feel free to correct/amend this post. Just thought i'd let you know what i have gathered.

G

JayBear said:
I don't know the answer to this absolutely but my impression is that hair transplant is not really a viable option for diffuse thinners. I am a diffuse thinner and the idea of transplanting hair all over my head to cover my extremely large thinning area simply doesn't make sense. I don't know if HM holds any hope for us, but i do think that drugs are our best bet. I also seem to recall someone at some point bringing up as an objection to diffuse loss hair transplant remedy the fact that hair transplant can cause hair in the area to actually fall out faster (something known as 'shock loss') which would be devastating for us. Someone who knows what they are talking about, please feel free to correct/amend this post. Just thought i'd let you know what i have gathered.

i disagree. i would make sure to go to a top hair transplant doctor if you're a diffuse thinner but i know for a fact that docs like armani and hassan and wong have transplanted diffuse thinners before and had great results doing it.