hair transplant - natural look to go back to work?

Desperado1

Reaction score
I am wondering say I get a hair transplant. I am only going to have a week and a half off. So how is my head going to look when i go back to work? Is it going to be red? I usually have my head shaved. So I am wondering if its easier to hide that i had the surgery. Since it looks almost like a shaved head with the grafts.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
your head will be all scabby. there is no hiding a hair transplant in 1.5 weeks imo. just tell everyone you got hair transplants, this is 2008 I don't think anyone cares about this kinda thing anymore. if they do they aren't worth knowing. you'll probably have some bald guys at work asking you about it in no time.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Desperado1 said:
what if you get the proecuder a little at a time?

if by a little you mean not densely packed, then the chances of the recipient area scabbing up would be diminished.

the scabbing comes from a needle insertions occuring many times in close approximately to each other.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Every single slit will scab up wether its dense packed or not. You're going to need longer than 1.5 weeks. I guess your talking about FUE for strip I'd say 3/4wks minimum.
The only other option is to wear a hat.

G

1.5 weeks is approximately 10 days post-op. The crusts/scabbing should be gone by then. If not, you should begin removing them anyway. Many patients employ the use of a post-op healing application like Graftcyte, or even a saline based spray. Both facilitate the healing process on the surface of the scalp. Take extra vitamin C too.

If you have FUE, the scabbing in the donor area takes a little longer to come off because the extraction sites are more invasive than the recipient sites. If it's strip, you definitely want to wear your hair longer in the donor zone to conceal the strip scar.