Hair transplant on 18 year old by Dr. Armani.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Wow. Ive never seen this guy before, I think its only new. Personally I think that is completely ridiculous to get a hair transplant at 18. i cant speak for this kid, but I think he made a wrong choice in getting it done so soon. However having said that, I think it will look totally awesome. I think he is betting by the time her starts to bald behind his implants new technology will be out to rescue him. Its a gamble, but it could pay off.

s.a.f

Reaction score
What a complete tool !! Just goes to reinforce that Armani has no ethics. $$$$$
What if this guy is destined for a NW7? :crazy:
He's almost certain to require more work but at least he had FUE so he's not scarred.

Sean68

Reaction score
i wonder how the hell he afforded it at 18? must be about £10 000 at least from armani.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Parents probably :agree:

IBM

Reaction score
The guy is nut! Gettting an hair transplant at 18? And his hair wasnt that bad!

metalheaddude

Reaction score
I agree that it was to soon, but sometimes subtle differences can mean the difference between getting laid and not getting laid. In reality thats probably not true but in his mind im sure it was. Women notice subtle things thats all I will say, especially at 18 and the girls are 16. So from that perspective i can sought of understand why he did it.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
these kids are nuts.

I have saved some money from 5 yrs of working, and my original plan is to put down as much deposit as possible for a condo. I am very interested in a hair transplant, but I don't think its the time yet. I am going to give it another 2 yrs to see if my hair loss stablizes, and then decide if I will go for it. I should be more ready in 2 yrs financially as well....hitting the big 30!

I dont think i will go for armani, I actually like Dr. Feller's design better, I don't want a dead straight NW1 hairline.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
these kids are nuts.

I have saved some money from 5 yrs of working, and my original plan is to put down as much deposit as possible for a condo. I am very interested in a hair transplant, but I don't think its the time yet. I am going to give it another 2 yrs to see if my hair loss stablizes, and then decide if I will go for it. I should be more ready in 2 yrs financially as well....hitting the big 30!

I dont think i will go for armani, I actually like Dr. Feller's design better, I don't want a dead straight NW1 hairline.

I agree. I actually want my own unit or house first, but it really depends on the hair situation. If it stays the way it is now I can tolerate it but if it gets worse I may have to sacrifice the deposit for the hair transplant :(
But right now the meds are maintaining for me so all is well so far...

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
mmm yea I don't understand the negative views here, someone said it was fue so even if he is destined for a nw7 which would take awhile even at the most severe level of hairloss, if the money isn't an issue then what the hey why not do it, he should have good hair for at least another 3-5 years depending on propecia and rogaine and he will still have Donor hair left, now by the time this guy runs out of donor hair According to like everyone here HM will be out so how is this a problem for this guy, and even if it isn't once again it's fue so he can rock the shaved look..so worst case scenerio he get's good head of hair for awhile then natural progression he goes bald ..which is exactly what would have happened anyway...doesn't seem so bad to me :$

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Yes I agree. But its a massive risk. HM may not be here for another 10 or more years. Which personally I think is a more accurate number (at least until it can be physically appled to the masses). I just think he could of strectched it out at least a couple more years, tried the meds frist. Then go for the hair transplant. Two years may not sound like much but it could buy him just enough time.

Matt Skiba

Established Member
Reaction score
You know the truth is that, hair multiplication has actually been performed successfully on test subjects, so really it has already been invented and the procedure does work. Intercytex is also already on phase 2 trials and I'm thinking that they should be entering phase 3 trials pretty soon. I forgot exactly how long phase 3 trials take but I doubt it's gonna be as long as 10 years. The website actually says that they're going to release more data and information on the whole thing by the end of next month (!). I really hope that they actually post some pictures for once. I honestly do think that it will be available within 3-5 years. I know that people said it would be out in 5 years or so like 10 years ago, but the truth is that this stuff was not actually in phase 2 trials then, so we now actually have a legitimate timeline to look at instead of just speculation.

I've already talked to my parents about it, and they do say they would be willing to pay for it. It's really no big deal, kinda like parents paying for orthodontics to straighten out teeth.

As long as I actually see that this stuff doesn't cause skin cancer or something like that, I'll be getting it done as soon as it comes out. Even if the procedure is inferior to begin with, I'll take any improvement I can get, and besides, if it becomes more refined later on I could just get electrolysis to have the hair removed and the procedure redone. We just have to wait through all the testing for safety and whatnot, but the procedure has already been discovered, so what's there to worry about?

It would also probably be wise to keep what vellous follicles you have alive for as long as you can, since intercytex says that there are 2 modes of action. The first mode of action being the injection of dermal papilla cells to an already existing vellous follicle, making it terminal again, I remember people worrying that the hairs created by HM might come in weird directionally, I figure this way one wouldn't have to worry about that sort of thing, and it makes me feel good since my hairline is still pretty much intact if you consider vellous hairs, I have not come to the point where parts of my scalp are shiny bald. Innovative stuff, and I really think it's just past the horizon. One thing that's gonna be nuts though, is that in the future male pattern baldness will be mainly a poor man's affliction, since I figure this stuff is going to cost about at least what you would pay for a new car.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Matt Skiba said:
I forgot exactly how long phase 3 trials take but I doubt it's gonna be as long as 10 years.

We shall see :)

I actually think follica has a better idea and is more likely to be available faster than HM. They claim to have cured hairloss already! Its also in the process of trials and they dont need FDA approval!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
RaginDemon said:
these kids are nuts.

I agree. I actually want my own unit or house first, but it really depends on the hair situation. If it stays the way it is now I can tolerate it but if it gets worse I may have to sacrifice the deposit for the hair transplant :(
But right now the meds are maintaining for me so all is well so far...

same, I am not experiencing any crazy regrowth or major thickening, but it is definitely maintaining. It feels like hair loss completely froze at a certain stage. It's just a matter that how long its gonna stay like this. I am not complaining, I am happy it has not yet gotten any worse.

as I grow a little older, I do tend to care less about my hair ironicly.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Yeah my hair has somewhat frozen in time also. But i still experience bad hair months then the next couple of months my hair is great. So i still get shedding periods, but all in all im fairly happy with what the meds have been able to do for me.

Getting older puts a perspective on many things in life, not just hairloss. But you do get over it over time. Im a lot less sensetive about it now then i was 2-3 years ago. I actually discussed hairloss with a close friend recently just openly and it was great, felt good to get things in the open...I mean lets face it the majority of guys maybe 60-70% will get some kinda hairloss. So it effects us all.

khali

Established Member
Reaction score
I think Armani is afraid that new medication for hair loss in the future might put him out of business. So he is doing as many transplants as he can before the next decade.

s.a.f

Reaction score
khali said:
I think Armani is afraid that new medication for hair loss in the future might put him out of business. So he is doing as many transplants as he can before the next decade.

Ha, thats a very slight possibility, theres no sign of a fullproof cure on the horizon yet. Its abit like saying car companies are trying to sell as many cars as possible before someone invents a new mode of transportation. My theory is he's just out to make as much $$$ as possible.

dd11856

Established Member
Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
these kids are nuts.

Dude, this is what I just did. I waited until I was about 29 and a half, had finally bought a house, had my hairloss pretty much reach a peak/stable point and then decided to finally follow through with a hair transplant. I'm 39 days post-op now, and I just hoping and praying that the results are what I wanted. Every time I see that pink line across the back of my head, I really hope the grafts come in well.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
dd11856 said:
RaginDemon said:
these kids are nuts.

Dude, this is what I just did. I waited until I was about 29 and a half, had finally bought a house, had my hairloss pretty much reach a peak/stable point and then decided to finally follow through with a hair transplant. I'm 39 days post-op now, and I just hoping and praying that the results are what I wanted. Every time I see that pink line across the back of my head, I really hope the grafts come in well.

dd11856 how may grafts did you get? And where were they applied?

How do you know your hairloss had stabilized? Do you mind revealing the the suregon and the cost? Do you have pics?

I like your plan. Around 30 seems the perfect age for a hair transplant. Especially if your hairloss started early.