hair transplant opinion!!

BJAY

Reaction score
Well I will begin with my story...

I am 25.

I started to lose hair at 19.. I started Propecia and minoxidil at 21 were my hair was in a very bad condition (no bald spots but a lot of hair density was lost).

Propecia and minoxidil did a good job in the front part and top; recovering some hair and also thickness that I can almost say that I am satisfied with my hair (not the best hair but it will do). However the problem seems to be in the vertex were no hair has been recovered .. actually I beleive that there has been some loss. Therefore, last year I switched to avodart... with the latter; after a year; some thickness has recovered although I`m still not happy with the situation. There is still no bald spots, however hair is much more diffuse than the rest .. to a point that whatever style I do it is becoming visible.. especially in heavy light.

My question is can I improve my crown by fue in order to restore density?
btw. donor area is very vast since I used to have a lot of hair :(

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
BJAY said:
btw. donor area is very vast since I used to have a lot of hair :(

Donor area can not be determined by where you have hair right now. Donor area is a finite zone almost identical in most people.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
posting photos of your hair would help to give an idea of your situation, also emailing a few hair transplant clinics for thier opinion, at 25 I think you might be too young, especially if your hairloss is aggressive.

BJAY

Reaction score
Pic attached with wet hair

Attachments

• Copy of 19082008117.jpg
    Copy of 19082008117.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 183

Avery

Established Member
Reaction score
You're seriously considering a hair transplant for that little hair loss on your crown?

Also, wet hair makes it look thinner than it is. I wouldn't use that as a measure of your hair loss.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I'd stick with toppic for a few years and wait and see what happens.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think clinics would turn you away, but I know how you feel, my vertex is thinning and it bugs me.

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
BJAY said:
Pic attached with wet hair
No, do not go for a hair transplant for that. Use some toppik and you should be fine.