Hair transplant questions #of FU cm2

Reaction score
Hello I been taking finasteride 1,25 mg sins Sep 17 2015 but are planing on a FUT transplant.

My question is: how many FU per cm2 do i need for my hairline?

Painted a grid pattern and found out i need to fill in 8 cm2 on each side =16 cm2 total.

grid.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Just got an answer from a hair clinic in Sweden they recommended 1000 FU, i also got a email from a clinic in Thailand they recommended 2000 FU hmmmmm.

jd_uk

Reaction score
And if your hairline moves back which it likely will then you have a problem. Likely not worth it for fairly minor loss.

beany007

Reaction score
Hello I been taking finasteride 1,25 mg sins Sep 17 2015 but are planing on a FUT transplant.

My question is: how many FU per cm2 do i need for my hairline?

Painted a grid pattern and found out i need to fill in 8 cm2 on each side =16 cm2 total.

View attachment 37372

- - - Updated - - -

Just got an answer from a hair clinic in Sweden they recommended 1000 FU, i also got a email from a clinic in Thailand they recommended 2000 FU hmmmmm.

i had 2000 grafts done and mine was a lot worse than yours... mine was FUE though. May i ask how old you are? i wouldnt bother getting it done until you are at least 30-35. like the previous chap said, if you have transplanted hairs (that wont fall out) but the rest of your hair receeds then you will have a bald line between the two.

Reaction score
i had 2000 grafts done and mine was a lot worse than yours... mine was FUE though. May i ask how old you are? i wouldnt bother getting it done until you are at least 30-35. like the previous chap said, if you have transplanted hairs (that wont fall out) but the rest of your hair receeds then you will have a bald line between the two.

Thank you for your help! i'm 32 years old and my hairline has been like this sins around 4-5 years with out any change, except it does look a bit better sins i started using finasteride (sep 17) got allot of new hairs popping up everywhere. so i might be lucky!
I feel i need to get my problem fixed to be able to relax and move on with life :D

Beany007 do you have any before/ after photos?

jd_uk

Reaction score
Thank you for your help! i'm 32 years old and my hairline has been like this sins around 4-5 years with out any change, except it does look a bit better sins i started using finasteride (sep 17) got allot of new hairs popping up everywhere. so i might be lucky!
I feel i need to get my problem fixed to be able to relax and move on with life :D

Beany007 do you have any before/ after photos?

male pattern baldness works in stages.. you could have no loss for 5 years and then suddenly lose lots at age 35 if your genetics determine it...so just be careful with it. Plan using the worst case scenarios in your family history. My dad is a NW6 and therefore i cant risk getting my temples filled in. I am also 32 and he started really losing his after about age 35.

shookwun

Reaction score
No surgeon is going to lower your hairline. I would dismiss the whole idea, because it wont happen unless you go see Dr. Armani the hack.

Your forelock is where the hairline placement will start. No surgeon will give you a straight hairline either. it will be a widows peak otherwise known as a mature hairline

hope this helps

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
You should really wait a while longer before looking into a Hair Transplant, you want to be on meds for at least a year preferably longer. If you do get the hairline lowered (which may look odd in later life) then make sure to have FUE not FUT like you wanted, so that if the worst happens and your hairline begins to recede again then you will have the option to shave your head without a horrendous scar at the back.