hair transplant surgery

mij

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I have booked a FUE session in a few weeks time for 500 grafts, costing me £2000. Is this a good deal? i haggled it down from their original price of £2500, which to be honest didnt take much effort. But money aside, im more concerned with the quality of work. I have booked it with Norton Clinic and wondered if anyone has any dealings with Norton?
I have looked on their website, its not very good in terms of offering gallery pictures. One site that has impressed me is www.hair-transplant.org.uk and i am considering going with them instead.

I will be having5 00 grafts for partial covering of my temporal regions and receeding hairline. If i do this, i will then need to re-visit again to more sessions when my non - hair transplant hair will start to fall out, thats unavoidable, so in efffect i will be comitting myself to further transplants. Do i want to go down this road? at the same time i dnt wanna be bald!!!! I have an egg head :( which hair will obviously disguise :)

thank u all

GeminiX

Reaction score
The Norton clinic appears to have a terrible reputation I'm afraid. Whether this is still justified or not I cannot say, but there has been quite a bit of negative commentary posted in the past about the clinic's work.

I had a consultation with Norton a few years ago, and they actually put me off by overselling the procedure. Basically, I did not believe they could achieve the results they claimed they could in a single session. I then had a consult with Dr. Rogers at his clinic in Stratford and went on to have a procedure with him (which I could not be happier about).

You will read a lot of very negative things about U.K. surgeons, and I would certainly apply the same rules as you would with anything else you read on the internet, i.e. take most of it with a pinch of salt. There are a lot of hidden agendas, and a whole lot of bull. Don't take what I type as gospel either, do some research; contact the other British clinics, and get a feel for the main players, also weigh up the overseas options too.

Personally, I think you will get good service here if you choose the right surgeon.

One last thing, even being as optimistic as I can, all I can say about Norton is that I have *never* read a single good thing about them.

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
500 is a small number of grafts. I have no experience about Norton Clinic, so cant comment about them. Have you also had consult with any other doctors? Its amazingly easy to get online consult with the leading fue doctors in the world.
Or, you could try posting some pictures here to let us see what your hairloss is like.
Did you ask the Norton clinic for any references? past patients etc.?

mij

Reaction score
GeminiX said:
The Norton clinic appears to have a terrible reputation I'm afraid. Whether this is still justified or not I cannot say, but there has been quite a bit of negative commentary posted in the past about the clinic's work.

I had a consultation with Norton a few years ago, and they actually put me off by overselling the procedure. Basically, I did not believe they could achieve the results they claimed they could in a single session. I then had a consult with Dr. Rogers at his clinic in Stratford and went on to have a procedure with him (which I could not be happier about).

You will read a lot of very negative things about U.K. surgeons, and I would certainly apply the same rules as you would with anything else you read on the internet, i.e. take most of it with a pinch of salt. There are a lot of hidden agendas, and a whole lot of bull. Don't take what I type as gospel either, do some research; contact the other British clinics, and get a feel for the main players, also weigh up the overseas options too.

Personally, I think you will get good service here if you choose the right surgeon.

One last thing, even being as optimistic as I can, all I can say about Norton is that I have *never* read a single good thing about them.

thank you for reply and for raising some good points.

I have also considered rogers medical group as well. Norton has always felt dodgy to me from the start. Im trying to get a feel for the main players as u have said. At the end of the day i would prefer to know someone personally who has visited a clinic to get some feedback from, but as i dont know of anyone, this is like impossible. All i have to go on now is internet websites, and evidence via good quality gallery pictures. I only want to have about 500 grafts, which i know is small, but id rather go small initially then see the results before committing myself to any more further sessions. Do you know of anyone (from here or anywhere else) who have actually had a procedure done with Norton? thanks again

mij

Reaction score
Rwt_Raj said:
500 is a small number of grafts. I have no experience about Norton Clinic, so cant comment about them. Have you also had consult with any other doctors? Its amazingly easy to get online consult with the leading fue doctors in the world.
Or, you could try posting some pictures here to let us see what your hairloss is like.
Did you ask the Norton clinic for any references? past patients etc.?

I didnt ask for references. I just wanted to do it. Nike style lol. I think im gonna reconsider my option and postpone my op in the mean time. I need to have a few more consultations with other clinics to get a better idea. How do i find a good overseas surgeon?

GeminiX

Reaction score
mij said:
GeminiX said:
thank you for reply and for raising some good points.

I have also considered rogers medical group as well. Norton has always felt dodgy to me from the start. Im trying to get a feel for the main players as u have said. At the end of the day i would prefer to know someone personally who has visited a clinic to get some feedback from, but as i dont know of anyone, this is like impossible. All i have to go on now is internet websites, and evidence via good quality gallery pictures. I only want to have about 500 grafts, which i know is small, but id rather go small initially then see the results before committing myself to any more further sessions. Do you know of anyone (from here or anywhere else) who have actually had a procedure done with Norton? thanks again

No problem at all :)

I'm happy to vouch for Rogers, I have pictures of the days and months after the procedure on my website (link below). As for Norton, as I said, I don't know anyone at all and have never seen any one actually come forward and show pictures good or bad.

For all I know, Norton might actually be terrific and the victim of lots of false bad publicity, but the apparent lack of *anyone* willing to step up and say "Hey, I went with Norton, and here are my pictures" is not helping.

s.a.f

Reaction score
OH DEAR !!!!!!

I'm just one of many Norton victims, (search the forums you'll find dozens of us) nobody has ever got a good result from these butchers[/b,(FACT) Dont go through with it whatever you do. I'm not joking here even if you paid a deposit just forget it dont get butchered!!!!! :( :( :( :( :(

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Avoid the Norton Clinic, they are butchers and there are many horror stories on the web, do some research and this will quickly become obvious.

Heres a start: Click Here

500 grafts will give you nothing, your eyebrow has more follicles.

GeminiX

Reaction score
Lucky_UK said:
Heres a start: Click Here
Ye gods!

Those pictures are horrific, poor guy.

mij

Reaction score
thank you for that link, it what i wanted to know. I will be cancelling the procedure at norton and do some further research before committing myself.

I am so glad i decided to visit this and other hairloss forums. I have already gained alot of knowledge from a few hours reading. I dread to think of the consequences if i hadn't.
thanks again.