hair transplant to create change hairline shape

sandyc

Established Member
Reaction score
My forehead has always bothered me and I think with finasteride my hair would be stable. (think river phoenix hairline but with less of a point in the middle and slightly naturally higher)

Has anyone heard of someone getting a centre bit added to make the hairline look lower? When I look at people like Johnny Depp, Keanu Reeves, they're center bit really makes it look better.

I think a V in the middle would really help my confidence since I hate my forehead so much.

dhtJunkie

Reaction score
Never read something similar on here, but it does sound reasonable. When discussing with my hair transplant Doctor I requested I keep a mature hairline, the V in your case and not be given the perfect round hairline. Worth looking into if it bothers you so much.

I imagine you would have donor inserted into native to allow for an uninterrupted flow.

GeminiX

Reaction score
A natural hairline is one of the most important things to consider when getting a hair transplant, and something which even some of the most well known surgeons often get wrong; there seems to be a common misconception that a hair transplant is just about density (though of course density is important too).

With a hairline, it's much harder to get a natural look in a single session as the incision for each follicle has to be made at the correct angle. Also, a good surgeon will only use the single hair units on the hairline and not the units which have multiple hairs.

Book some consults, and make sure the surgeon is aware of exactly what you're looking for. Be very wary if the surgeon promises a perfect hairline from a single session.