Hair Transplant - What Should I Expect (with Pics)

boomboom

My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone,

Hope you had a good Christmas.

I have been losing my hair for the last 3 years now. I am 26 years of age, 27 in July. I started a course with the hair loss clinic:

which was a 6-month course using 5% Liquid Minoxidil, and failed to work.

I then tried Belgravia on a 1-year course using 5% liquid Minocidil and 10% Cream which also failed to work. I then added Finasteride to this around 7/8 months ago. I am still seeing hair loss but I have read it might be more than a year before seeing any results with Finasteride and it also might affect less the frontal areas (where I am receding most). My back of my head appears strong and full and that hasn't changed over the 3 years.

My history of hair loss sees my dad with a full head of hair, but with my uncle (aged 51, nearly bald) and my grandad who was bald so my history of family shows that I am going down that same path.

I am now thinking of a hair transplant. I have had consultations with KSL and Farjo (I'm from Manchester, UK). I predict I would need quite a few transplant as I have not really stopped losing hair and showed no signs of it either. However, I am relocating to a different country in March and thinking its a good time to do it now and just hope that Finasteride does it job..

I am not sure whether to go ahead with it, the hair loss has affected my confidence and my life but I'm unsure will the transplant give me that confidence back or will I still be worried people might notice I've had a transplant. every time I now look at a guy, I look at his hairline, will that really go away if I have that? I hope as life goes on that I will just forget about it now and will have more important things to think of. I guess I'm worrying if I just accept my hair will go, will that take a load off my mind, or having the transplant will carry on the stress of thinking about losing hair further. Any opinions welcome. I do have a good job and paid well so it wouldn't really cripple me if I had to have 2/3 transplant over my life. However, I am pretty low at the moment and having a full head of hair certainly would give me more confidence.

Thanks,

Attachments

• back .JPG
    back .JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 536
  • front .JPG
    front .JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 544
  • left.JPG
    left.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 592
  • middle back.JPG
    middle back.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 542
  • middle front.JPG
    middle front.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 544
  • right.JPG
    right.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 598

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
wait until you're 100% SURE Finasteride is working. If you feel confident you won't lose the hair behind the transplants, then go for it, but as Lacy said be cautious and do your research.

boomboom

My Regimen
Reaction score
hmm interesting. you make a good point about not overdoing the donor area and just restoring the hairline i have instead of adding a new hairline.

I did have a question about what surgeon you may recommend if you knew,

I was thinking of getting a 2000 graft transplant andI am based in the UK.

I have talked to KSL Hair who offered £6000

Hakan ********* who have offered £4000

then I am also talking with Farjo & Dr. José Lorenzo but yet to get a price.

BHR CLINIC offered £8500 for 2000 grafts but is it really that much better? I don't think i could afford that one

Any advice would be great

zyzz959

My Regimen
Reaction score
hmm interesting. you make a good point about not overdoing the donor area and just restoring the hairline i have instead of adding a new hairline.

BHR CLINIC offered £8500 for 2000 grafts but is it really that much better? I don't think i could afford that one

look into HLC Clinic in turkey Dr Ozgur Oztan, hairlines are amazing

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score

Erdogan in Turkey is the best value in the world and clearly above the level of each of those doctors other than Lorenzo and ******** at BHR. He does better hairline work than Lorenzo too in my opinion. As zyzz above mentioned Oztan is also worth looking into.

Rahul123

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are facing hair loss after hair transplant surgery then you can go for Finasteride. But be alert about its excessive use effects. For this you fo your research or consult with a cosmetic surgeon.