Hair Vitality Complex- another cu peptide product

Jacob

Reaction score
http://truthinaging.com/hair/truth-in-aging-launches-hair-vitality-complex

Hair Vitality Complex has a proprietary copper peptide complex made from a blend of amino acids and copper chloride. Copper peptides exist naturally in our tissues but there can be 60% drop between the ages of 20 and 60. They seem to work on the follicle in two ways: increasing follicle cell proliferation and follicle size; and copper also decreases programmed follicle cell death.

I am really pleased that the preservative used here is radish root, as I felt strongly about making sure Hair Vitality Complex included a safe alternative to parabens and phenoxyethanol. Radish ferment is effective against a whole range of tiny nasties from e.coli to a.niger and it is recommended that it can be used as the sole preservative in a cosmetic. Triethanolamine NF is here as a pH balancer and is completely free of diethanolamine (DEA), the chief concern in the formation of nitrosamines, potential carcinogens.

Hair Vitality Complex by Truth In Aging is manufactured by Your Best Face.

Ingredients: reverse osmosis water, copper peptide complex (water, glycine, L-histidine, L-lysine, L-serine, L-citrulline, copper chloride), hydroxyethylcellulose, vitamin B5, Leucidal (radish root ferment), triethanolamine NF (DEA free)

Yeah I know..it's not very blue :hmmm:

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jacob how is your regimen working out, I know zilch about any of your products or even your hairloss situation in general.

Also, Ive noticed you commenting on copper peptides before, do you think they make much of a difference or do you just speculate on these types of treatment to get a public discussion going?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
Hair Vitality Complex has a proprietary copper peptide complex made from a blend of amino acids and copper chloride.

They don't go into very much detail about what it is and how it's made, but it _does_ sound like it's probably another example of something that's similar to Folligen. Look out, Dr. Pickart! Somebody's horning in on your territory! :)

Jacob

Reaction score
Man in Space said:
Jacob how is your regimen working out, I know zilch about any of your products or even your hairloss situation in general.

Also, Ive noticed you commenting on copper peptides before, do you think they make much of a difference or do you just speculate on these types of treatment to get a public discussion going?

Well the products in my current regimen list aren't my current regimen..I did list them at HLF..guess I could copy/paste them here if you haven't seen it.

I think cu peptides are just another beneficial thing one can use. I just post these things in case ppl are interested...and sure, to get a discussion going if anyone is interested. I think it's nice to discuss new things(even if a rehash of another product) instead of talking about the same thing for 15+ years :woot:

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I havent seen you regimen, i was just curious to know what it was, what your hairloss situation is and how its going for you as you seem to be coming at this from a different angle and my mind is open to new ideas.

I think its great to discuss other solutions, there is not enough discussion, I would love to become more educated on new treatments, Im experiencing results from the big 3 but as these little hairs come back to life in my hairline i cant help wondering if throwing a few other things in would help the process, but it is hard to get the will to invest in products when its so difficult to determine how effective they are.

Jacob

Reaction score
Here's what I posted there:
Currently it's Dermatopoietin's 1-4 day topical, Andalou's topical(those two in the mornings), Elsom's NanoFibrin, TurboSurge Scalp Stimulator, and a custom PQQ and COQ10 topical.

Shampoo: Andalou's Age Defying(condtioner too..maybe once a week), Elsom's Micellarin Fight...and Inspired Nutrtion's Scalp Defense. And Kerastase Biotic every once in awhile.

The Hair Sonic for shampoo'n and some topicals.

Best to see the "Personal hair loss stories" section to see my "story". I haven't actually been updating THAT either though..

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Man in Space said:
I havent seen you regimen, i was just curious to know what it was, what your hairloss situation is and how its going for you as you seem to be coming at this from a different angle and my mind is open to new ideas.

LOL!! Yeah, you've really shown recently that you're "open to new ideas", haven't you? :)

Jacob

Reaction score
He's not talking about that 15+ year old "new" idea is he? :shock:

Reaction score
Jacob,

Do you think that Dermatopoietin's 1-4 day topical is working/worked? It seems like an interesting product, but it looks pretty pricey.

Jacob

Reaction score
I think it's worth using...just like everything else I've used and am using. There's a heck of a lot more science behind it compared to many things out there and even discussed here..even things that have been around for 15+ years :woot: And it doesn't have to be applied day after day after day...can use other things.

Jacob

Reaction score
Not into making your own? I'm not thrilled about it myself..but am keeping an eye to see how others do..

Reaction score
I wrote this company an email asking them how much copper peptides they have in the product, and I got a prompt reply. They said the percentage of copper peptides in this product is 10%. That really doesn't seem right to me. If it was that much the topical would be dark blue.

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nope if that is their response they either made a mistake or they are just plain lying.

10% is higher than was even tested in studies.