Hair2day's Story (26) With Pics

Reaction score
So like most, I've been lurking for a good few months on these forums and I feel it is my time to take the plunge!

I always had a very thick head of hair and for the last 10 years, slightly longer than most.
I first started noticing loss in the centre at the front around mid-2008 when I was 23. Nothing major but enough for me (even if nobody else) to notice.
The loss was extremely slow; almost non existent, but about a year down the line I went travelling and the loss started to increase big time in comparison: mainly thinning at the front. It then, over the following year or so, slowly but surely progressed backwards through the vertex to the crown.

The last year has seen this slow but constant thinning throughout. I don't think it's much more loss than the average person with a full head of hair; it's just that nothing is coming through to replace it.

The pattern on my fathers side is strong; no loss until late 50's and even then, only really on the crown. My mothers side however; Grandfather and Uncle both completely bald by early 20s!

Due to my loss being so slow (still unnoticeable to most until my hair is wet); I have decided to start with Min and see where it gets me. I don't mind putting it on twice a day and would rather that over possible finasteride sides, to start with. Sound okay?

I have had some scalp problems in the past. Very flakey, and have used nizoral to keep this under control; so that will naturally be continued.

I haven't any pictures yet but will get some baseline ones up soon, before I start the Min.

I know a lot of people on here are worried about sides, regarding finasteride and in turn wonder about the effectiveness of Min alone, so I'll try to update often for their sake as well as my own.

Reaction score
Re: Hair2day's Story (26)

So, finally I got myself a few pictures. Wet hair. Under a light.

Not actually as bad as I thought but let me know what you guys think. It's been a slow gradual loss over the last 3 years or so.

rsz_imag0016.jpg

rsz_imag0015.jpg

rsz_imag0010.jpg

rsz_imag0008.jpg

rsz_1imag0002.jpg

Lloyd Braun

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hair looks good. There may be very minor thinning in the crown and in the front but, if you start finasteride, you will likely have no more hair worries. finasteride could thicken it up and maintain it for many years.

Reaction score
You don't think Minoxidil is the way to go?

It's actually thinned a fair amount. I used to have very thick hair. Probably down to 66%-50% of what I originally had.

Nope, wasn't on that forum. Only this one.