HairBrah's Story

Hairbrah

Reaction score
So here I go...
I started noticing my "hair loss" a little over a year ago ( March 2010 ), and since then it seems to be getting worse. Here is the strange thing about my hairloss, i don't really see the hairs in the shower or pull out handfuls of hair or wake up with hairs on my pillow. Infact, i would say I've seen firsthand very little actual "loss" of hair, but just because you can't see it doesn't mean you can't believe it, right? Anyways, instead my hairloss seems to be more of a drastic thinning, around the whole head, as if all my hairs have become significantly thinner and weaker ( they were already thin). Maybe it is worth noting that I always had thin hair and a higher natural hairline. Also, my father has a full head of hair ( he is 60 ), with a slightly( very slightly ) mature hairline, he claims his hairline receeded a little when he was my age, but stopped. My mother has a high hairline and very thin hair, I take more after her.

I had panicked about this hairloss around September of 2010, and went to a dermatologist where she diagnosed me with male pattern baldness. This shocked me as it does not run in either side of my family( no history of balding), and i was under the impression that male pattern baldness followed a specific pattern, that did not resemble what I thought I saw in my hair. She prescribed me finasteride, and i began taking it about a week or two later.

From about October to December I took finasteride everyday. While doing this I still felt that maybe the diagnosis was wrong, and that my hairloss was caused by something else, and I didn't want to be taking finasteride if i wasnt absolutely sure i needed it. So I made an appointment with another dermatologist at Washington University in December 2010, and he told me it did not look like I suffered male pattern baldness. Problem is...he didn't tell me what was causing what was happening to my hair, and since then its only gotten worse, at least in my opinion.

SO here I am lost, unsure of what to do, unsure if I have male pattern baldness or not, or how to fix whatever is happening with my hair. I don't even know what i should do next, so I thought I would come here and share my experience with all of you, maybe get some advice. Thanks for your time!

Hairbrah

Reaction score
Here are some pictures of my hairline taken today and the day before.

253494_10150195714535588_679720587_7353065_7525335_n.jpg

254476_10150195714445588_679720587_7353063_3307444_n.jpg

Any suggestions?

Evol

Reaction score
looks very similar to my hairline, dude. If you're that worried, grab some minoxidil off Ebay, or something?

i've just started to use Kirkland minoxidil 5% liquid myself. easily obtainable off Ebay, and other such places.

the_dude

Reaction score
I'm not really an expert but it doesn't look like male pattern baldness to me. Maybe just a mature hairline. You should monitor it and see if it progresses.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would have to say... not male pattern baldness.