hairforce9's story

hairforce9

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is my story
June 06 i went through wut i believe to be a stressful event. Afer the event i was getting stomach pains in the morning that made me gag but i never threw up, i was hungry but couldn’t eat much, was tired but could never fall asleep and my performance at work was deficient and i felt bummed (this all lasted about 2 weeks).

Anyways around Aug 06 i noticed my hair was falling out very fast and i could see the scalp, really outta nowhere. I had a burning sensation on my scalp in areas i was thinning. I would lose about 30 hairs shampooing not including hairs lost from rising or hair lost randomly throughout the day.

I shaved my head end of Sept 06 and when i grew out it looked the same but i was still shedding hairs. I can honestly say i got over the stressful event in April 07 but was still shedding.

Early May 07 my doctor (not a dermatologist) said i had male pattern baldness just by looking at my head, i thought i had stress related hairloss which is suppose to reverse itself, anyways apparently not. At this point compared to June 06 my hair thinned a real lot. I shaved my head again and started applying rogaine 5% beginning of May 07. In the beginning my scalped itched and was pealing but stopped after about a week without any shampooing aides. Also i think my shedding stopped, i only lose thin hairs (like 2-3 in the shower) also because my hair is still short its hard to really tell.

Here are my questions

1.) Although i have no bald spot the whole top of my head thinned out completely and you can see my scalp. Why did this happen in such a short period of time? Isnt male pattern baldness suppose to be very gradual?

2.) If i have stress related hairloss will rogaine and propecia work for me?

3.) Is diffused hairloss (which is wut i think i have) a lot harder to recover from?

4.) I noticed that i have really short hairs growing when i run my fingers through my scalp. However, i’ve noticed hairs like these before but after using rogaine i feel a lot more of them. I think it’s the short hair i already had after shaving my head their just not growing. Is it possible to have hairs that are thick and 3mm long but jsut don’t grow? Or is it my imagination and they are growing?

5.) If i go on proscar 5mg do i have to break the actual tablets?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
stress won't cause male pattern baldness, it might trigger your male pattern baldness.

lovemyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi hairforce9 hairloss is progresses at different rates for everybody. Myself, it started with a vengence but progressed slower were as my friend just went from a nw1 to a nw5 within a year. For the proscar, buy a pill splitter from a pharmacy, they are inexpensive. Get on proscar asap because it will keep what you have so don't delay!!! Good luck.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
NW1 to NW5 within a yr? thats insane!