HairH8R's story - (age 25, pictures and story!)

HairH8R

Reaction score
Hello-
I am a 25 year old guy that has been receiding since 21-22. I have used Rogaine( 5percent minoxidil.) in my frontal areas ( bottle said it is not likly to help) it worked, and new hair was growing in well. This product was used before researching, so being silly I stopped using. Ofcourse, next thing you know fallout sped up and now the frown (on my face) has come back.
A little history on my health:
I was obese most of my childhood, and until age 21..very unhealthy. I turned that around from being 5'10 289lbs to the same height but 220 lbs. The process took about 1 year, A rigerous gym ethic and malnurishment was the key or so I thought. With all of my new found confidence, I was now VERY succesful with the ladies! Next obstacle? Hair Loss... :thumbdown2: It started slow like most, I was noticing breakage after a long day with using styling gel. Then, it became clear I was losing hair. As I was showering, I would notice it on my hands.
So, I turned to minoxidil. It worked really well on my frontal baldness (hair was not lost in the Vertex). After a solid 8 months, the hair came back well. Silly me, I stopped using. So, I am now back on the product after passing the point I was before with more baldness, and once again the hair is growing... What eles should I use to supplement the new growth? I may also be looking into perscription medicine also. Suggestions would be great! Pictures to come once I get a photobucket log-in.

Thanks!!!

alexstorm

Reaction score
Re: Hello Gents! New guy with pictures and story!

The problem with topicals are that they don't penetrate the skin barrier very well leaving most of the solution on the scalp. Emu oil penetrates deep down through all the dermal layers and If you use it directly after applying your Regaine It should blend with the Regaine, taking it deeper into the skin and enhancing the results.

Using a DHT blocker is a must, regrowing hair is no use If you're going to lose It immediately to DHT. Most people use Finasteride, Dutasteride or Saw Palmetto. You could use shampoo's but their probably less effective and should probably be used in addition to the pills, capsules and not instead of them.

Good luck.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Your malnourishment may have started it early. Not trying to be mean but that is what I did this past year along with heavy stress.

ali777

Reaction score
Obsidian said:
Your malnourishment may have started it early. Not trying to be mean but that is what I did this past year along with heavy stress.

Replying to old posts?

I'll go with Obsidian, I was in the same situation. I do think stress and malnourishment started my male pattern baldness as well. If I had a better lifestyle, my male pattern baldness could have been delayed for some time.