HairLoser's Story - (25)

HairLoser

Reaction score
I knew it was gonna come one day and here it is. I'm finally losing my hair at the tender age of 25. My dad was bald and it looks like I'm going to be too. I first noticed it back in October and it's slowly been progressing. I think it's a weird type of hair loss because the areas that worried me early on have grown back but now it's starting to look like it's going to be diffuse all over.

Here's some pics:
[attachment=5:3hvqp453]front-jul2010.jpg[/attachment:3hvqp453]
[attachment=4:3hvqp453]top-jul2010.jpg[/attachment:3hvqp453]
[attachment=3:3hvqp453]frontright-2010.jpg[/attachment:3hvqp453]
[attachment=2:3hvqp453]frontleft-jul2010.jpg[/attachment:3hvqp453]
[attachment=1:3hvqp453]backright-jul2010.jpg[/attachment:3hvqp453]
[attachment=0:3hvqp453]backleft-jul2010.jpg[/attachment:3hvqp453]

What do you guys think? Is this male pattern baldness or something else like Telogen Effluvium? The loss in the backright is what bothers me the most. It's becoming all the more noticeable. I'd like to jump on the Propecia bandwagon but those stories scare the living crap outta me. Can anyone shed light on my situation and give me a pointer or two?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• front-jul2010.jpg
    front-jul2010.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 166
  • top-jul2010.jpg
    top-jul2010.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 174
  • frontright-2010.jpg
    frontright-2010.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 190
  • frontleft-jul2010.jpg
    frontleft-jul2010.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 166
  • backright-jul2010.jpg
    backright-jul2010.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 169
  • backleft-jul2010.jpg
    backleft-jul2010.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 180

HairLoser

Reaction score
Hello everyone again. I've been reading a lot of posts on the forum and it looks like if I don't want to try Propecia then my only other option is Rogaine. I've read up on a lot of Rogaine stories and I'm seeing mixed results. Can anyone tell me how long I can expect to maintain regrown hair if I use Rogaine alone? I know DHT will still be attacking my scalp but has anyone used Rogaine for several years and was still able to maintain a good amount of hair?

A lot of the stories I've read say that hair regrew at about the 3-4 month mark and then they go through a massive shed at the 9 month mark. It doesn't look like they wanted to share their story after that second shed. Does anyone have experience with Rogaine alone for longer than that like 2+ years?

Thanks

HairLoser

Reaction score
So I've been done some extensive searching of these forums and it looks like the general consensus says that Rogaine alone will only be effective for around 2 years, and from there you will lose the regrown hair and ultimately be worse off than if you had not started in the first place. THIS TRULY SUCKS. You mean to tell me that my only other option is to lower my testosterone, risk gyno, kill my sex drive, alter my hormone balance, feel fatigued, and lose the ability to concentrate and stay focused ALL FOR A THINNING SPOT ON MY HEAD!??! WTF KIND OF SICK AND TWISTED WORLD DO WE LIVE IN?!?! WE CAN CREATE ATOMIC EXPLOSIONS LARGE ENOUGH TO DESTROY THE WORLD HUNDREDS OF TIMES OVER BUT YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT YOU CAN'T STOP A HANDFUL OF HAIRS FROM FALLING OUT OF MY HEAD?! WE CAN DETECT PLANETS MILLIONS OF LIGHTYEARS AWAY BUT YOU CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHY MY HAIR FOLLICLES ARE DYING!?!? HAS HUMANITY NOT PROGRESSED!?!? OH YEAH, HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF GALLONS OF OIL ARE POURING INTO AND DESTROYING OUR OCEANS EVERYDAY AND WE CAN'T DO A THING ABOUT IT. MAYBE MY EXPECTATIONS WERE TOO HIGH. MAYBE WE JUST PLAY ON OUR STRENGTHS AND SWEEP OUR WEAKNESSES UNDER THE RUG. WHAT A LIE AND FACADE!!

I'm done.

Swanson

Established Member
Reaction score
well dude.... propecia wont lower your testosterone first all........ it might actually raise it

imgannakeepit

Reaction score
mate ive been on the stuff for almost 2 months now. Hasn't affected me at all give it a go before you diss it.

Also rogaine is good stuff. Ive been on it for almost 2 months and now im seeing heaps of little hairs growing and are becoming back. I hope they turn into real hair

just give it all ago first before you have a big cry

Reaction score
HairLoser said:
So I've been done some extensive searching of these forums and it looks like the general consensus says that Rogaine alone will only be effective for around 2 years, and from there you will lose the regrown hair and ultimately be worse off than if you had not started in the first place. THIS TRULY SUCKS. You mean to tell me that my only other option is to lower my testosterone, risk gyno, kill my sex drive, alter my hormone balance, feel fatigued, and lose the ability to concentrate and stay focused ALL FOR A THINNING SPOT ON MY HEAD!??! WTF KIND OF SICK AND TWISTED WORLD DO WE LIVE IN?!?! WE CAN CREATE ATOMIC EXPLOSIONS LARGE ENOUGH TO DESTROY THE WORLD HUNDREDS OF TIMES OVER BUT YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT YOU CAN'T STOP A HANDFUL OF HAIRS FROM FALLING OUT OF MY HEAD?! WE CAN DETECT PLANETS MILLIONS OF LIGHTYEARS AWAY BUT YOU CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHY MY HAIR FOLLICLES ARE DYING!?!? HAS HUMANITY NOT PROGRESSED!?!? OH YEAH, HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF GALLONS OF OIL ARE POURING INTO AND DESTROYING OUR OCEANS EVERYDAY AND WE CAN'T DO A THING ABOUT IT. MAYBE MY EXPECTATIONS WERE TOO HIGH. MAYBE WE JUST PLAY ON OUR STRENGTHS AND SWEEP OUR WEAKNESSES UNDER THE RUG. WHAT A LIE AND FACADE!!

I'm done.

Calm down.

Your hairloss isn't even that bad. And who knows, maybe in 10-20 years from now we will have a cure for our hairloss...but until then...

The sides of finasteride have not affected me, or many others. If other aspects of your life are in check, you'll have less to worry about.

HairLoser

Reaction score
I'd rather boost my DHT and have the garbled coiffure of an aged friar than inhibit my man hormones. I've already taken Propecia and my penis turned into a numb piece of floppy rubber within weeks. Thank the heavens that it returned to normal after months of agony. I hate the world.