Hairloss Age 25

symbolx

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been losing my hairline since I was about 16 years old. I am now age 25. About 2.5 months ago I started taking 1.25mg Proscar and Rogaine 5%. I have not really seen any results although I think I have been shedding a bit lately. Sometimes when I look in the mirror it seems like its not that bad and other times it looks worse. I have added Nizoral 1%, and I noticed whenever I shower and use it my hair looks a lot nicer afterwards. I am able to style it better with the Nizoral. I feel like the current medication I'm on may be preventing further hair loss but it's too early to tell really if it will regrow some hair or not.

I have been under a lot of stress with university work lately since it is my final year and I think the loss of hair definitely affects me. I am considering getting a hair transplant eventually and I think I'd be a suitable candidate for it once I get enough money. I would definitely go with Armani or Rahal as their work seems the best.

I think I would rate myself as Norwood 2-3 but I'm not sure. Sometimes I think I am starting to lose it in the back now as well, but it's hard to tell since I don't have a good way of looking back there. No one has really commented on the back or the front. I guess because I usually wear a hat and style my hair so that its not so obvious. It could always be worse, I could be NW6 and have a shiny bald head in which case that would suck because I do not look good at all with a shaved head.

One further question, if I were to get a hair transplant how many grafts do you think I'd need? I had Dr. Cole from Atlanta recommend 800 grafts for $8 a graft which was quite ridiculous in my opinion. I read that he was supposed to be a decent doctor but with a quote like that I think I'll stay away from him. In my opinion 800 grafts will get me jack sh*t. I am thinking more along the lines of 1500-1600 to get a decent hairline.

Any other opinions here are welcome. I attached some pics.

Attachments

• 3-08_back.JPG
    3-08_back.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,628
  • 3-08_front.JPG
    3-08_front.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 1,617

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Your hair really isnt that bad dude! Your crown seems to be ok, but the hairline is a worry. It actually hasnt receaded that much its just the fact that it looks quite diffuse. I think this is a good thing as it can only get better. Your hairline pretty much looks like mine but im thicker in the forelock area (but I was as thin as you before I started finasteride) nevertheless 2.5 months is no where near long enough to notice any difference on propecia. It takes a good year to see results. So you need to wait at least a year before considering a hair transplant, so that gives you plenty of time to do research. Personally i think your hair is to long, you need to cut it shorter, it will look a lot thicker! Then you add some product and go for a younger messed up hair look. It will make you look 25 instead of 35.

satch5150

Reaction score
it's a universal truth for balders: cut your hair shorter. It looks thicker that way. If mine grow to like 3 cm I can see balding spots on my crown but if I get haircut it still looks ok