Hairloss at 18 need advice!

Aleksa97

Established Member
Reaction score
So first of all hello,
I am 18 yo male, and I'm here to tell you my story and I want to hear what do you think. I had a thread, but didn't post any pictures, so I'm making this one now with pictures.
I think that I have male pattern baldness. So, for the family :
Dad : has hair in his 50s minor hair thining in the front. Started about his 40 I would say.
Fathers father : Has full head of hair at 76. (I envy him)
Moms father : Died, but had hair, also minor recession.
Fathers brother and mothers brother : both have full head of hair at 50.

So, as of me. I first I started to lose hair at around 16 ( what I think) . I wore my hair like justin bieber and always touched it from time to time to fixed, sometimes pulled very hard. So once I noticed that my right temple was more back than the left one ( thought that it was cuz of haircut).
I forgot about it, and eventually around after 6 months my hair started to fall notiecably. By the way, I never had short hair, always medium. While I was showering lots of hairs remained in the tub, and when I go threw my hair with fingers usually 2-3 hairs stays. ( this is still happening and never stopped atleast for me). I started to put oils in my haor, bought hairloss shampoo, fish oil, b vitamin. My hair got better like it looked more natural - not dry, but my hairloss remained. I went to derm. he examined me and told me that I dont have anything to worry about it is my hairlinr maturing, and the amount hair that I lose is normal. That calmed me down a bit. Still, 3 months ago I became obsessed with my hairloss again and I can't stop thinking of it. I'm very sad, almost depressed to see all my friend have such a good hair. Just to mention that my hair was never been like extremly thick. I just feel that my hair is weak, like even if I pull with slight force a hair will come out. And that keeps going for months. I don't know what to do. My hair feels thinned (atleast to me). So anyways, hope you read the whole post and say what you think. What should I do or not do? Should I buy something. I'm from Serbia so I have limited medicals I suppose.

P.S. sorry for my English.

Attachments

• IMAG0521.jpg
    IMAG0521.jpg
    945.5 KB · Views: 330
  • IMAG0522.jpg
    IMAG0522.jpg
    794.4 KB · Views: 301

shookwun

Reaction score
Read on

Option A)

> Get on finasteride, maintain, and strengthen your existing hair.
> Become educated through some form of study, trade or skill.
> Save up
> Get a hair transplant
> Live life to the fullest

Option B)

> Wishful thinking, self-improvement through cognitive studies, and reassessment through others.
> Dabble with herb supplements
> Contemplate medication
> State of depression, feeling downright about onselfs identity.
> contemplate medication. Severe recession, and diffusion begins.
> Becoming bald, and feeling that your sexual identity is becoming invisible.
> Bald. Feel like a ghost but you still feel pain
> Game over

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
You could also use rogaine, LLLT. You don't have to jump on finasteride right away

Aleksa97

Established Member
Reaction score
Also, nust to mention, I have a small cist on my testicle. Dont know how is that related to hair and hairloss, but maybe it does someting to do with testosterone. Anyways, if someone knows more, please dont hesitate to tell me. My main problem is my crown. I think that there is little thinih there, no one sees it but me (no one told me that I'm thining there) but yea, I would like to fill it up a bit. I will post pics of my crown tomorrow, so you can see how it looks.

Aleksa97

Established Member
Reaction score
@chrisjones12 I dont know exactly what are you refering to? Do I feel that way sometimes? I would say not.

I'm just a bit scared to take finasteride. I heard, that at the begining hair starts to shed like crazy. I dont want my current situation to get worse if you know what I mean. But, I am aware that I have most chance in stopping it with finasteride. What do you think about dutasteride? Should I take it over finasteride?

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
dutasteride>finasteride imo