Hairloss at 21, can't take Propecia cause of NCAA substance rules.. what to do?

atrain1234

Reaction score
I am 21 years old and just noticed hairless around a year ago. I have always had a minor U shape hairline since I was a kid but it has just kept getting worse and the past 6 months I've noticed 5-6 hairs on my hands when i shower, hairs in the shower drain and on the floor after showering etc.... I am a college athlete and Propecia's (finasteride) is a NCAA banned substance cause it can mask certain steroids so i can't use it till i graduate in May.. Here are some pics of my current hairline (10/14), my current hair can cover the lost hair in the corners not but as the hair loss continues i won't be able to do that.

Any tips? how severe is it at the moment? Im pretty new to the subject.. All i know is I have till 5/15 when i graduate till i can use Propecia and i don't know how much worse it will get by then. Any thing i can use in the meantime? i know Rogaine has mixed reviews but I wanted to get other opinions.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1333.jpg
    IMG_1333.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 1,088
  • IMG_1331.jpg
    IMG_1331.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 1,055
  • IMG_1330.jpg
    IMG_1330.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 918
  • IMG_1334.jpg
    IMG_1334.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 881

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Yes, rogaine can buy you some time till you can jump on finasteride.

albionlad

Reaction score
What he said ^ If you can't use Propecia for now, I would start Rogaine until you can, and then use them in conjunction

Da Crow

Established Member
Reaction score
Stinging Nettle, African Pygeum, Saw Palmetto, Zinc + rogaine formula such as lipogaine or tribooster (these are minoxidil + dht inhibiting igredients)

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
It can also work on the hairline. I as well as many other use it on the hairline.

atrain1234

Reaction score
Has anyone tried Revivogen? I know it is not FDA Approved but could that be a potential substitute for propecia until after Im done with my athletics? would there be any other DHT blocking supplements that are cheaper, just only to help the next few months before I can get on propecia

shookwun

Reaction score
I am 21 years old and just noticed hairless around a year ago. I have always had a minor U shape hairline since I was a kid but it has just kept getting worse and the past 6 months I've noticed 5-6 hairs on my hands when i shower, hairs in the shower drain and on the floor after showering etc.... I am a college athlete and Propecia's (finasteride) is a NCAA banned substance cause it can mask certain steroids so i can't use it till i graduate in May.. Here are some pics of my current hairline (10/14), my current hair can cover the lost hair in the corners not but as the hair loss continues i won't be able to do that.

Any tips? how severe is it at the moment? Im pretty new to the subject.. All i know is I have till 5/15 when i graduate till i can use Propecia and i don't know how much worse it will get by then. Any thing i can use in the meantime? i know Rogaine has mixed reviews but I wanted to get other opinions.

Thanks!
281.gif

Only option is minioxidil with RU58841 mixed solution to topically inhibit DHT, and Nizoral shampoo. Realistically though in your situation the miniaturization looks pretty aggressive, you'll need to eventually hop on finasteride once your able to do so.

atrain1234

Reaction score
ok so right now I just started taking Biotin, Zinc, and Saw Palmetto.. I will start using Nizoral Shampoo and will start rogaine.. anything else that I should look into? or should that cover me to reduce hair loss for the next 6 months

Also, ill buy the 1% Nizoral OTC shampoo, any recommendations to how many days a week it is ok to use the 1%?

Thanks everyone for your help!

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
just take the Propecia. you've only got 5 months left. what are they going to do if it shows up in your test?