Hairloss help for a newbie!

Iggy

Reaction score
Hi I don't know too much about the different treatments for hair loss but if anyone can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it. I just got back from
an appointment with Micron Laboratories today (they have branches in a few cities in the Canada and the US). Anyone ever done treatments with this company before? After examining my hair and analyzing it under a microscope, they recommened that I take their three step treatment program. Here is a breakdown of the program. There are no drugs involved in this treatment. They are bio-herbal based serums.

Topical Stage
-scalp cleanse and exfoliation
-alleviate any oil build up, itching, dryness, dandruff, and tightness on scalp
-unblock the follicle pores providing proper oxygenation
-stimulate proper blood circulation to the scalp
-minimize shedding and stabalize it

Follicular Stage
-deeper cleansing and emulsify hair shafts, follicle bulbs
-oil gland/arrector pilli muscle stabilization=reduced oil production and reduced tightness on the scalp
-breakdown and oxidize DHT and neutralize 5 alpha reductase (negative hormone build up in follicle.

Development Stage
-continued active cleansing and emulsification of the shaft and bulbs
-begin re-devlopment in the follicle structure
-strengthen and nourish the follicle and begin to flood the bulb with nutrients
-continous oxidation of DHT from the receptor sites
-begin to implement shaft and root thickeners

This whole process will take between 5-6 months and they are 178 treatments. The cost of this is $3500 CDN.

Whats your advice on this? Should I go with it or is it BS? I've just read some letters about the drug propecia and really interested in it after reading some of the success stories about it. Some details about me. I'm a healthy active 28 year old asian male. My hairloss has been gradual over the course of about two years. My hairline is receding a bit at the sides and the top of my hair is noticebly thinner then it was a couple years ago. When I run my fingers through the top of my hair, I can pull out alot of hairs without even pulling very hard. I noticed that I shed more hair then I should be when taking showers. Can I achieve the same results using a much less expensive method then with these treatments?

Any information would be much appreciated

thanks in advance

bombscience

Reaction score
ooook

stop what you're doing, because i'm about to ruin, the image and the style that you're used to.

but seriously. treatment centers are a waste of time and money. i will sum up what you should hear as quickly as possible. below are 3 scientifically proven hairloss treatments and their results.

1 - Finasteride (Propecia) - Combats 5-alpha-reductase, reduces DHT and its negative effects on hair follicles, maintains the hair you have now, or slightly regrows the hair that you have lost (if you're a good responder).

2 - Minoxidil (Rogaine) - "Steriod" for regrowth. Method of why it works is unknow but regrows the most amount of hair (if you are a good responder). Does not combat the negative effects of DHT on hair follicles.

3 - Ketoconazole (Nizoral Shampoo) - Keeps scalp healthy by reducing inflamation, and has been shown to also reduce DHT levels slightly in scalp.

You should pick a treatment using a combination of 2 or 3 of these. The two treatment options I would reccomend are:

1 - Finasteride & Nizoral - This is for if you're just beginning to thin, and dont have serious frontal recession

2 - Finasteride, Minoxidil & Nizoral - This is for more advance thinning and combatting frontal recession.

You are only throwing your money away visiting a hair loss clinic. The cost of these regimens can be as little as $25 a month using generic drugs and $80 a month using brand name drugs.

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
When you hear "herbal" just think pot.

BombScience is 100% correct!