hairloss/shedding mysteriously stopped

Mrspas12

Reaction score
Hello. I am new here and I am here to give you my background and how this happened.

Since the 9th grade(i am a junior in college now), I have been losing hair/getting thinner hair. I am not sure which type of hairloss I was getting as it did not resemble any of the ones on the scale (could have been cause it was early stages or hairloss was not that rampant). I remember in the 10th grade, my friend called me the balding asian and would tell me im going bald every time the wind blew my hair. Anyway, fast forward to 4-5 months ago. I was still shedding more than ever. Every time I run my hand through my hair, i would ALWAYS get 1-2 hairs. It would make me so mad. But then for some reason, I looked up "masturbation and hairloss".

I got back a couple good hits on google and there seemed to be some sort of correlation. I am very sexually active and I have sex and masturbate frequently. Even so, I decided to give it a try. I stopped being sexually active for approximately 2 weeks. I don't know if it was working, but my hair loss seemed to stop! I couldn't resist any longer and I started to be active. Surprisingly, it started to happen again.

I also think stress is a big factor in hairloss. When I transfered to a different university about a month or so ago, my hairloss was still happening (resumed being sexually active for about a month or so). I moved in to an apartment with some good friends and I was having a relatively stress free time. During this time, I noticed my hairloss stopped again! I think this was because of a combo of being stress free and not being sexually active (no girlfriend). I did however, masturbate once a week and no hairloss.

So it has been a good month and hairloss has stopped. I am just curious if my hair lost will grow back again.

beaner

Reaction score
mpbsux20 said:
Is this guy for real ?

Probably not. It's likely one of those guys from one of the multitude of masturbation threads posting under a new name trying to promote this "theory".

I can see this one going on for at least half a dozen pages. :jackit: :jackit: :jackit:

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah thats what I thought too.It bemuses me that everytime something about this is posted here,it gets plenty of support from those who believe in it.Anyway most of them are in denial and do not want to accept that they have fucked up genes and that there ain't a Goddamn thing they can do about it other than try real treatments.

Mrspas12

Reaction score
uh. i am for real. My hair loss stopped and it really shows itself when I take a shower (shampoo and rub my hair and look at my hands.. see only maybe three for the entire duration of my shower whereas before it would be 20 for a shower).

Like I said, maybe my hair-loss was due to stress as I have a very stressful life at home (sibling rivalry) and now that I have little to no stress, it went away.

I would suggest you stop trying to troll my legitimate thread. This sub-forum is not called "EXPERIMENTAL" for a reason, smart one.

Mrspas12

Reaction score
Also to add. I am not a member with a recycled name trying to promote this "theory". If you are that suspicious, get a mod to match my IP to any other member on this board. I am a new member who registered yesterday after google searching "Hairloss Forum". It was the second hit.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Mrspas12 said:
Also to add. I am not a member with a recycled name trying to promote this "theory". If you are that suspicious, get a mod to match my IP to any other member on this board. I am a new member who registered yesterday after google searching "Hairloss Forum". It was the second hit.

I did check his IP and email and none are used twice. Other than using a proxy server (which I can usually detect as well) this guy seems legit.

karlg

Established Member
Reaction score
...perhaps he doesnt have a static ip (most people dont, i do though)? different location, mobile broadband, using mobile phone. Your ip does change from time to time, usualy when you restart your router.

Not doubting, im open minded to experimental stuff, just sayin, IP matching isnt a surefire way to determine that he's not the same person.

but more back to subject, ive never *really* gone with the masturbation theory, and if it did work a part of me would hate it, whats the point of having hair if you cant have sex right? but ive been masturbating much less recently for the past few months and ive noticed a decline in shedding, however im not about to say it's because of this, as it could be a number of things...

Hoppi

Reaction score
You'll have to excuse some of the guys on here lol

There's this weird assumption that just because sensitivity to something is dictated by genes there can't possibly be any other factors.

I have heard stories like this many, many times, there does seem to be a reasonable connection and I think it's _probably_ down to increased inflammation (caused by prostaglandins, I heard), but there also could be some kind of effect on sex hormone levels.

Are you losing primarily in the upper portion of the scalp (the male pattern baldness/norwood region)?

Brains Expel Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
How many different real world improvements would it take for everyone to stop assuming that some "treatment" like this has no effect on EVERYONE. While I think it highly unlikely that such practices would be linked to all types of hair loss I'm sure there's more than just a few cases out there where it has at least some sort of link that we're not yet clear on.

Hoppi

Reaction score
Brains Expel Hair said:
How many different real world improvements would it take for everyone to stop assuming that some "treatment" like this has no effect on EVERYONE. While I think it highly unlikely that such practices would be linked to all types of hair loss I'm sure there's more than just a few cases out there where it has at least some sort of link that we're not yet clear on.

Amen :)

GeminiX

Reaction score
I'm sure the original poster will be ready to back up his claims with clear before and after pictures to prove what he is saying...

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
GeminiX said:
I'm sure the original poster will be ready to back up his claims with clear before and after pictures to prove what he is saying...
/thread

Hoppi

Reaction score
kthxbi said:
GeminiX said:
/thread

I don't think it's fair to use the fact he hasn't posted in a while as proof it can't be true! lol :)

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
oh, i didn't know he was AWOL. but i'm willing to bet he won't / wouldn't be posting anything conclusive if he does come back.

moksel

Reaction score
Before now I never bothered to place a reaction in these abstenance threads but here it goes.

I actually think there is some truth in the connection that masturbation can be linked to hairloss. Not that it is the sole cause of it or that everyone would be walking around with a full head if they never would but that some people can benefit from not masturbating or more specifically not having an orgasm.

Everybody knows that having an orgasm demands quite some energy from your body. At least I'm usually low on energy afterwards. In the moments up to an orgasm there is also a spike of hormones which is followed by a release of prolactin which has been linked to hairloss here and there.

Maybe the anecdotal reports we keep reading every now and again have some truth. There is also some other info I would like to share about this.

I few years ago I dove into the world of Tao and especially what it can do for you between the sheets. Here's a bit of info on a Tao master.
http://www.sexyspirits.com/healingtao/about/master-mantak-chia/
For a while I actually practised these teachings following a book I read about it, never looked into what it could do for hairloss or anything, but it sure worked with my lovemaking. Interest subsided however and nowadays I'm just using pasively every now and again.

Now what is intersting about these Tao teachings is that they also make the link between hairloss and having an orgasm (in males ). They say that with orgasm you expell millions of seeds that contain life force (sperm) and that this causes chronic fatigue, makes you ill, makes you age faster... pretty much everything the western society is dealing with these days. I'm quite the scientist and not really into energy flowing through the body into the sperm which when expelled spoil this precious good. But then again, these guys have a few thousand years of experience backing their beliefs.

Even though I do not quite agree with the rationale behind the Taoist claims, would I be wise in dismissing these millennia of experience as non scientific non-sense?

My 2 eurocents...

GeminiX

Reaction score
No offence intended, but Christians believe in a great sky daddy and have done for a couple of thousand years too; doesn't make it true or rational though :)

Hoppi

Reaction score
GeminiX said:
No offence intended, but Christians believe in a great sky daddy and have done for a couple of thousand years too; doesn't make it true or rational though :)

That's based on faith though not observation isn't it? I see your point though.

I 100% agree that for SOME abstaining can help. Doesn't really do squat for me, but for some :)

moksel

Reaction score
Gemenix you should go into politics, you are making a point using false analogy.
And in doing so you're ignoring my other comments.

Christianity is based on belief only, no observable facts. At least none that science today can prove.

What these Taoist monks can do with the brain and body has been proved by science many times. If you don't believe me do some searches on Pubmed (medical paper seach engine) for (monks EEG neurofeedback biofeedback). Their beliefs mainly come from their own observations, in a way they have been conducting their experiments using mind and body for thousands of years.

I am not talking about the people who believe that some fat guy with large ears listens to all their problems and eats them for lunch (this is why is depicted as fat). But about the monks who devote their lives to learning ways to control their minds and bodies using texts that contain observations that have been handed down for centuries.

For me, if most of what they claim has been proven already, it makes their other observations more plausible.

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
YAWN, another masturbation thread, despite the fact there isn't a single human on the internet who can credibly show they stopped their hairloss by refraining from wanking.

See also: dietary changes