Hairlosstalk forum loads very slowly on some occasions

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
I noticed that in the past few weeks the board runs very slowly with lot's of delays. Anyone else noticed this?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, I've definitely noticed the same thing! Sometimes I click on a new thread, and then sit here drumming my fingers on the table as I wait patiently for it to load. Is that a sign of success (HairLossTalk.com getting so large and popular that it's starting to tax the ability of the server to keep up with the demand), or is it a technical problem of some sort with the hardware or software? Interestingly, a while back on HLH, Farrel seemed to be having a similar problem; he made some changes in the hardware (or whatever) that really seemed to help speed things up.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
It is all Hoppi's fault.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
PropeciaJunkie said:
I've noticed it too and emailed the Admin.

Al-Qaeda??

A

Administrator

We recently installed a "Dont ask don't tell" filter on the server for our homosexual users. We had received complaints that the page transitions were too abrupt and not elegant enough for many of them.

This filter causes page transitions to slow down, but only for homosexual men. I have tweaked the filter to load pages a little more quickly. Let me know if its still happening. We dont want to sacrifice elegance for speed.

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
just thought I'd bump this, still having that problem.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
woww i really thought that was CCS lol

the website seems slow today but i have a useless isp so i can't really tell where the fault is lol

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Too many connections [1040]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
i am starting to get this :dunno:

Petchsky

Reaction score
Yep me too...I always thought it was my crap internet connection, that or the site is really busy.

There's never a recession in Baldness :)

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Petchsky said:
Yep me too...I always thought it was my crap internet connection, that or the site is really busy.

Yep, me three. I'm now getting that error occasionally, in addition to the slow loading.

Boondock

Reaction score
I do have mysql issues occasionally.

I also thought CCS had just entered the house there. I suppose he's too busy f*****g his b**ch right now to come back here.