Hairmax Laser Combs And Real People's Opinions?

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Anyone bought into the HairMax stuff? Is there anyone who has genuinely used it and it works. Their pics show someone who's almost slick with almost a full head afterwards, which can only be absolute rubbish, but is there any improvement, not even a maintain from the lasers? Hear a lot of very mixed opinions but little on here from REAL people

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are people who claim it thickens their hair.

I don't really think it's that great for baldness. But who knows? It's probably
more of a money maker.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have one

i cannot say if it is or is not helping because i also do minoxidil and topical spironolactone keto and iron pills..

i don't think it 'hurts' but may not be doing anything either.

I purchased it and kept it past the 6 month return policy because several Dr when i mentioned it said it does help..I had purchased mine on QVC I think so it was spread out the payments.

Hangin'on Hair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the comb is a waste of time and money. They're not powerful enough. They only have around 8-10 laser diodes. And you have to keep moving it, which is silly because it's not focusing on a single area.
A lot of people around here hate the whole laser thing. The comb, don't do it. Too much money for something so small. I have been using a 250 laser diode helmet for close to 4 years now and I'm maintaining pretty well. No. drugs or chemicals either. You really need to blast your scalp with a shitload of laser energy to get the circulation effect. Because that's pretty much what the laser thing is about. Circulation.
Also, the helmet is stationary. You're
not moving it around. It's just focused on your entire scalp.
Personally though, I'm not gonna tell you to go out and by one. I still use mine because I still have it and it's easy to use. And in my mind I thinks it's helping. When it dies, I probably
won't drop any $$$ for another one. But I most likely would make one as they are not too hard to make.
It's more or less a tool to keep you scalp healthy. You're not gonna grow a sh*t load of hair. If any at all....

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
I have the laser band. I'll continue to use it. call the company and ask for a discount code.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have the laser band. I'll continue to use it. call the company and ask for a discount code.

Discount code? UK wise, it's on Amazon and start at 175 GB for the basic entry one...

I have one

i cannot say if it is or is not helping because i also do minoxidil and topical spironolactone keto and iron pills..

i don't think it 'hurts' but may not be doing anything either.

I purchased it and kept it past the 6 month return policy because several Dr when i mentioned it said it does help..I had purchased mine on QVC I think so it was spread out the payments.

But no derogatory effects other than your bank balance?

I think the comb is a waste of time and money. They're not powerful enough. They only have around 8-10 laser diodes. And you have to keep moving it, which is silly because it's not focusing on a single area.
A lot of people around here hate the whole laser thing. The comb, don't do it. Too much money for something so small. I have been using a 250 laser diode helmet for close to 4 years now and I'm maintaining pretty well. No. drugs or chemicals either. You really need to blast your scalp with a shitload of laser energy to get the circulation effect. Because that's pretty much what the laser thing is about. Circulation.
Also, the helmet is stationary. You're
not moving it around. It's just focused on your entire scalp.
Personally though, I'm not gonna tell you to go out and by one. I still use mine because I still have it and it's easy to use. And in my mind I thinks it's helping. When it dies, I probably
won't drop any $$$ for another one. But I most likely would make one as they are not too hard to make.
It's more or less a tool to keep you scalp healthy. You're not gonna grow a sh*t load of hair. If any at all....

Those versions are big bucks in UK... If there was convincing proof they maintain, let alone grow I'd pay the money, ...

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Discount code? UK wise, it's on Amazon and start at 175 GB for the basic entry one...

But no derogatory effects other than your bank balance?

Those versions are big bucks in UK... If there was convincing proof they maintain, let alone grow I'd pay the money, ...

No bad effects

In fact (not that its worth the $$) when i first started using it before i added anything else to mix..it did seem to slow down my shed.
but when i went on 2% keto i had massive shedding so its hard to say if that was just a temporary slow down.
Now i am on so much stuff
Iron, Biotin, Keto shampoo, minoxodil, topical spironolactone/estrodial.

The topical Sprio/estrodial and the minoxodil--without a doubt--are the most helpful in my regimen.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I can't take finasteride, and I don't know what to do about minoxidil, I wear concealer Derm/Fibres and know that I won't be washing them out every day, so would not be able to get into that regular performance. I'm at a bit of a loss at the mo, which is why I thought for 3 nights a week I'd wash it out and use the comb. Even 3 nights a week is a lot for me now, because washing hair makes a lot more fall out for me. Using Regenepure which I don't think is that great. Or Nano thickener one which does nothing, but doesn't claim to either.

Last edited:

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm in the USA. I called and got a promocode and I bought through their website. I got this idea because I seen promocode during check out. I think it was 10% off.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm in the USA. I called and got a promocode and I bought through their website. I got this idea because I seen promocode during check out. I think it was 10% off.

Ah thanks, Interestingly we only have the old models for sale here Advanced 7 and Pro 12 which is twice the price at £350GB

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No bad effects

In fact (not that its worth the $$) when i first started using it before i added anything else to mix..it did seem to slow down my shed.
but when i went on 2% keto i had massive shedding so its hard to say if that was just a temporary slow down.
Now i am on so much stuff
Iron, Biotin, Keto shampoo, minoxodil, topical spironolactone/estrodial.

The topical Sprio/estrodial and the minoxodil--without a doubt--are the most helpful in my regimen.

EDIT: Do you use the one with 7 or 12 lights? I think 2% Keto was what made most of mine fall out. I was on Nizorelle here in the UK which was the 1% version of the Nizoral 2% and then the company stopped making it and that's when all my problems started, and now diffuse all over, which is horrible. I can't take finasteride, and I don't know what to do about minoxidil, I wear concealer Derm/Fibres and know that I won't be washing them out every day, so would not be able to get into that regular performance. I'm at a bit of a loss at the mo, which is why I thought for 3 nights a week I'd wash it out and use the comb. Even 3 nights a week is a lot for me now, because washing hair makes a lot more fall out for me. Using Regenepure which I don't think is that great. Or Nano thickener one which does nothing, but doesn't claim to either.

Is Nizorelle still available in the US do we know? Or do you just have Nizoral?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Let me TELL YOU about the HAIR MAX LASER COMB MY FRIEND!!!!

I TOO was skeptical. I ALSO HAD DOUBTS!!!

NOW MY BEAUTIFUL TRESSES ARE THICKER THAN EVER AND.....

LESS HAIR FALL MY FRIEND!!!!!

So, ARE YOU TIRED OF LOSING YOUR LOCKS?!?!?!

I WAS AND THEN....

I CALLED BOSLEY!!!!!!!!

NOW MY HAIR IS THICK AND FULL LIKE I AM A TEENAGER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't take finasteride, and I don't know what to do about minoxidil, I wear concealer Derm/Fibres and know that I won't be washing them out every day, so would not be able to get into that regular performance. I'm at a bit of a loss at the mo, which is why I thought for 3 nights a week I'd wash it out and use the comb. Even 3 nights a week is a lot for me now, because washing hair makes a lot more fall out for me. Using Regenepure which I don't think is that great. Or Nano thickener one which does nothing, but doesn't claim to either.

EVEN if hair laser helps which is a HUGE if...you need some kind of medication.

Hair loss is super aggressive disease your body your DHT is attacking and killing your hair follicles.

The BEST way to treat it is Anti DHT like dutasteride or finasteride propecia And minoxidil

Anything else added can help but its not stopping hair loss.

Sorry to be honest.

Is there a reason not to try minxodil? I just started two months ago and i am so far having good results.

Also i think people are talking about Hanson And Wong (think the is name) they are hair transplant surgeons who will be selling a topical finasteride that has potentials and Not positive but seems its unlikely to go systemic.

You can also search around to see if anyone tried the topical spironolactone/estrodial they sell here on site.

Some of the guys also talk about something else i can't recall the name..Alforit F i think its called.

Search for 'whatever' thread on alternative treatments perhaps.

Basically if you cannot take something internally try to find something you can put topical that people have found efficient or somewhat helpful.

as far as shampoos

I have 1% Regenepur DR I LOVE
I have 2% prescription strength shampoo from pharmacy my DR writes script for me. I dont like that much but use it on occasion. My hair looks good after i just feel like it strips my hair dye/color--which you most likely dont have to worry about.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
EVEN if hair laser helps which is a HUGE if...you need some kind of medication.

Hair loss is super aggressive disease your body your DHT is attacking and killing your hair follicles.

The BEST way to treat it is Anti DHT like dutasteride or finasteride propecia And minoxidil

Anything else added can help but its not stopping hair loss.

Sorry to be honest.

Is there a reason not to try minxodil? I just started two months ago and i am so far having good results.

Also i think people are talking about Hanson And Wong (think the is name) they are hair transplant surgeons who will be selling a topical finasteride that has potentials and Not positive but seems its unlikely to go systemic.

You can also search around to see if anyone tried the topical spironolactone/estrodial they sell here on site.

Some of the guys also talk about something else i can't recall the name..Alforit F i think its called.

Search for 'whatever' thread on alternative treatments perhaps.

Basically if you cannot take something internally try to find something you can put topical that people have found efficient or somewhat helpful.

as far as shampoos

I have 1% Regenepur DR I LOVE
I have 2% prescription strength shampoo from pharmacy my DR writes script for me. I dont like that much but use it on occasion. My hair looks good after i just feel like it strips my hair dye/color--which you most likely dont have to worry about.

Don't apologise for being honest, certainly a lot more helpful than some other people on here, which lasercomb model do you use, and is 2% not available over counter in the US? I believe the Nizoral here is the 2% which is available without prescript here. You not think women get a better result with minoxidil generally though? I use Regenepure, but don't think it helps remotely. As for dye, I used to! I think peroxide did a LOT of damage way back when to me

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't apologise for being honest, certainly a lot more helpful than some other people on here, which lasercomb model do you use, and is 2% not available over counter in the US? I believe the Nizoral here is the 2% which is available without prescript here. You not think women get a better result with minoxidil generally though? I use Regenepure, but don't think it helps remotely. As for dye, I used to! I think peroxide did a LOT of damage way back when to me

I have hairmax ultima 12.

I use 5% minoxidil an have good results with it so far.

I use 1% regenepur love it and occasionally 2% prescription no name brand that i dont love but its better than regular shampoo.