Hairs come back darker than previous hair color

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I noticed I have alot of new very dark hairs growing back that are alot darker than my original hair color. Has anyone had this happen. I am sure these may be minoxidil dependent hairs since most likely Propecia would not create that type of new hair. How come they come back heavily pigmented? Anyone have a logical explanation for this?

Sorue

Reaction score
Very nice, but i think your response is really strange? You should be happy man :punk:
How long were you on minoxidil before you started seeing regrowth? Right now i'm going through the shed, hairline's looking soooo terrible, can't wait for things to pick up

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Sorue said:
Very nice, but i think your response is really strange? You should be happy man :punk:
How long were you on minoxidil before you started seeing regrowth? Right now i'm going through the shed, hairline's looking soooo terrible, can't wait for things to pick up
I think around 6 months.

amsch

Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
Sorue said:
I think around 6 months.

U're using minoxidil again? I thould you'll stick with Proxiphen and Revivogen, as minoxidil gave you negative results?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Yes, I am just back using the foam. I am tired of seeing all these people respond so well to minoxidil. I keep reading how people go through a cycle of sheds and then things come back thicker. I read some people who just switched to Proxiphen and weened off minoxidil got worse. I did too. But when they reintroduced minoxidil things improved alot. I think I was at that cycle of where things were worse and I got discouraged and quit. I am only going to use it once per day. Maybe all that shedding was a good thing after all. I always loved the foam. It goes on great and my hair does not look that bad from it. It was the Promox with retin-a that dried out my hair so much. I will know for sure this time if my hair improves because I am not changing any of my treatments. I am just reintroducing the foam. If it gets worse, then I will just have to get a transplant down the line. By the way, those black hairs were developed a few weeks ago which means they were from when I was using minoxidil so that is also why I went back on it. Amsh, are you going to try zix.? That stuff requires so much alcohol that it would really dry the heck out of my scalp. I will stick to Revivogen.

amsch

Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
Yes, I am just back using the foam. I am tired of seeing all these people respond so well to minoxidil. I keep reading how people go through a cycle of sheds and then things come back thicker. I read some people who just switched to Proxiphen and weened off minoxidil got worse. I did too. But when they reintroduced minoxidil things improved alot. I think I was at that cycle of where things were worse and I got discouraged and quit. I am only going to use it once per day. Maybe all that shedding was a good thing after all. I always loved the foam. It goes on great and my hair does not look that bad from it. It was the Promox with retin-a that dried out my hair so much. I will know for sure this time if my hair improves because I am not changing any of my treatments. I am just reintroducing the foam. If it gets worse, then I will just have to get a transplant down the line. By the way, those black hairs were developed a few weeks ago which means they were from when I was using minoxidil so that is also why I went back on it. Amsh, are you going to try zix.? That stuff requires so much alcohol that it would really dry the heck out of my scalp. I will stick to Revivogen.

Well, i'm still using Revivogen. I'm about to try the needling/derma roller stuff because some german users had nice results with it. I'm gonna combine Revivogen a tricomin (evening) with minoxidil (in the morning). My hair still isn't in great shape though (i guess you remember those pics i posted)

masculineyourheart

Established Member
Reaction score
I had a look at your pics amsch and we have pretty much exactly the same hair loss happening.
Let me know if you work out the secret to kicking male pattern baldness in the nads. :pint:

Rework24

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been using nanominox-fms aswell as flutagel and my hair has started to thicken up and people keep saying my hair seems to be going alot darker. Hope this means I am responding if others are experiencing this!

I had a major shed at my hairline over the weekend and this is the most bald I have ever looked. I hope it grows back, quickly and thickly. Before I shed my hair was improving nicely with some real progress.

Typical it picks the worst time I have my once a year end of summer football league night out this saturday and my hair will be in its worst shape ever :shakehead: