HairStrong87's new years resolution [21 yo, starting big 3]!

HairStrong87

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I've been a big time lurker in these forums for months now. I have been losing my hair for a few years now and I am ready to do something about it. As you'll see from the pictures I have some additional problems on my scalp other than my baldness. About 6-7 years ago (I am not exactly sure when we first noticed it, long before I was losing my hair) after I cut my hair short my family noticed that I had a red patch on the top of my head. We saw several derms who actually weren't sure what it was exactly. I finally had a biopsy done on the area and the conclusion was it was lichen planopilaris (LPP). There aren't really any known cures for this and most doctors recommend some sort of steroid cream (cortizones). We did some research online and the only thing we found other than using cortizone creams was homeopathic solutions from india. Anyways, I have since then given up on my LPP and went on with my life.

My hair loss has been getting worse and more noticeable of late and I really wouldn't mind shaving my head except I have these damned LPP patches on my head which don't help. I doubt theres really anything I can do to regrow the hair in the LPP areas as that seems to be scarred, my hope is to thicken and maybe regrow some hair in the area to cover it up.

I have taken some pictures both wet and dry to use a reference pictures. I will continue to take pictures weekly probably so I can track my progress. I have Nizoral + finasteride already in my possession and I am looking to buy some minoxidil foam. Should I just get it at my local cvs or can I get a better deal at one of the online pharms? I will be using the nizoral every other day and the 1mg finasteride tab daily. Should I use minoxidil once or twice a day, I've seen varying opinions on this.

Anyways.. here are the pictures I took on January 1st 2009! A couple different views of both wet + dry. Let me know what you think.

NOTE: You can click the pictures to see larger versions

DRY:

WET:

evil smile

Reaction score
your a diffuse thinner like me. we usually respond well to finasteride, so start with taht and nizoral. in the mean time i suggest you go with #1 cut so you wont think about it as much